Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Software development for H520E

Reaction score
Hello, can anybody explain to me in simple words how to use the SDK for the drone?
I'm googling and reading the forum but still can't understand.

So what i need is an ability to stream the video and the telemetry from the drone or ts16e to the PC.
From what I understand the st16e has its wifi connection at 5.8 GHz to download map updates. Also what I've found is that H520E uses OFDM to receive the telemetry from the drone.
The question is whether it is possible to re-stream the telemetry and the video from the camera (color and IR) from the ST16E to the local PC within the same Wifi network?
Is this possible?
If not, what it a propper way to do this?

Where you have found the SDK?

The simplest way is to use the HDMI port to grab video and to broadcast further as you want.

Reactions: Steve Carr
The camera sends all communication including video through the aircraft ground station link. The cameras for the H520e do not transmit a WiFi signal.

To repeat @Vaklin where did you find an SDK for the H520e? The one for the H520 is not going to work for the H520e.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Define exactly what you want to get. The picture with telemetry and camera downlink or something else? If you want just to duplicate the ST16(S, E) screen or broadcast it, the best source is the HDMI port on the controller. After that, you can do everything with it. To mess the camera uplink and downlink is not a good idea, The drone is an expensive toy. ;)

Reactions: Chris Koch
HDMI to RTSP devices are available. Not so cheap, around $200, but in any case, cheaper than a few months of coding without a hard expectation of success.

I need to get the video and the telemetry streams on my laptop to do some kind of analytics.
Ideally, it should be two rtp/rtsp streams and mavlink stream which I can subscribe to and feed into my application.
I know that H520E uses OFDM and it is not possible to get the streams by direct WIFI stream from the drone, so this is why I'm trying to get them from the ST16E

You haven't telemetry on the screen? With your device, you can capture the HDMI signal and watch it on the PC via VLC or something similar.

Clear for yourself what you want to get and explain here. Your idea is not clear, and for sure SDK will not solve your problem.

I need telemetry stream as data (mavlink or other) on my laptop, completely separated from the video stream.
I then can work with telemetry data to do some analytics

Understood. But can't help with the 520e. For H480 this is possible easy and in a real-time manner. For the rest of the hex, I have no idea how this can be done.

then can work with telemetry data to do some analytics
If you want to explore the telemetry data offline, just use the log files.

Hello, thanks for the reply. I found SDK on the github account

I know that there should be a way to get the stream from the cameras and the telemetry from the st16e ground station but I can't find a way how to get it on an external machine
The information in that GitHub fork is for the H520 not the H520e. It dates from back in 2017. The communication protocols are entirely different between the H520 and H520e.

To my knowledge there has not been an SDK released for the H520e. @chascoadmin may know if the SDK has been released or a way to contact Yuneec US to get more information.

The information in that GitHub fork is for the H520 not the H520e. It dates from back in 2017. The communication protocols are entirely different between the H520 and H520e.

To my knowledge there has not been an SDK released for the H520e. @chascoadmin may know if the SDK has been released or a way to contact Yuneec US to get more information.

Dear Friend,

Does anyone can help me about H520E, does enyone found communication library for H520e To replce H520 Java lib ??

Thank you so much

Regards

Guitz

Dear Friend,

Does anyone can help me about H520E, does enyone found communication library for H520e To replce H520 Java lib ??

Thank you so much

Regards

Guitz
Your best source for that information would be to contact Yuneec EU to ask if a Software Developer’s Kit (SDK) for the H520E is available.

This forum is comprised of owners like yourself and we are not privy to all that is available from Yuneec Ltd.

The SDK for the H520 (not the H520E) was available on Yuneec’s websites in the past, but that is no longer the case. If there is an SDK for the H520E, they would have to send you the files or give you access to a private download site.

Your best source for that information would be to contact Yuneec EU to ask if a Software Developer’s Kit (SDK) for the H520E is available.

This forum is comprised of owners like yourself and we are not privy to all that is available from Yuneec Ltd.

The SDK for the H520 (not the H520E) was available on Yuneec’s websites in the past, but that is no longer the case. If there is an SDK for the H520E, they would have to send you the files or give you access to a private download site.

I'm looking into the same issue at the moment - my best starting point is The Dronecode Foundation - We are setting the standards in the drone industry with open-source - Join the Community! at the moment as Yuneec seems to have moved to the platform. But even with that information, its hard to guess for me what components are required.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li