Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can someone give me some voltage values...

CraigCam

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
So this is pretty weird. I was showing off to my father in law today when I flew into a tree. To add to the problem, I went up to try to miss it and hit wires above. Ugh. Thanks for soft sand to break props mainly... but my newly obsessed camera took a hit and tore off the main wires. Since I scavenged parts from my biggest camera death, I have that swivel harness so I dove in thinking I could replace that wiring. About half way in you realize how complex the whole thing is but I’ve been in here before and since I broke it I figured I could fix it.

Fast forward to post my repair attempt and test only to get no power. No big deal I think, just grab second camera to check out what’s up. This camera powers up with its normal drone which I double checked first. I swapped it over to the crashed drone and got no power again. So no big deal I think... maybe the problem is in the crashed drone so back goes good camera to good drone and viola NO POWER ON THIS CAMERA NOW ALSO??

Now I’m stumped as to how I managed to kill power to two cameras. I have voltage out on the shoe on both drones but not sure of correct voltage as read from ground pin to TX or PMR. I do have a 3rd 480 to try the uncrashed was good powering on and now won’t power up camera on tomorrow to see if it come alive.
I really really hope I see it light up. In the meantime, I’ve been using a non panning CGO3 Q500 camera on that 3rd 480 with no problem but even this camera shows no power on my main two 480s. But it runs on the hand held no problem so at least I still have one working camera. So this seems to confirm output at shoe mount has gone bad?

I’ve got my 3rd camera on the way back and hate to have it get screwed up right away so I’m hesitant to even put it on these two 480s right now. So I really need some guidance and help with this issue and trace down the problem with the lack of power now for camera on both my birds to determine camera problems or output from TH.

Thanks in advance.

Crude drawing I made a few months ago. If you have no power at the slide plate then you can check the fuse. It's a pain to get to however. On the main board in the H.
Be very careful when checking voltage on this plate. If you short the pins you will blow that fuse on the main board.
CameraBase.jpg Fuse.jpg

Use the search Luke.

It doesn’t turn up much unless I’m doing something wrong. I do know it’s the ceramic surface mount fuse. So now I need the amp rating of that fuse and I’m working on a wired in with a socket for replacement rather than the surface mount. There is room on the board for a larger bench built workaround. If anyone has the fuse rating I’d love to have it as searches are bringing up more confusion then help.

The good news is I did not hurt a camera. I now suspect my repair attempt shorted the power and I under duress put that camera on both drones and powered up. I hope to find fuse replacement and while it’s open and have spares, try my repaired camera again. Now I’m glad I had a back up to my backup. Very interesting as I’m wondering how many others have been stumped by this non serviceable fuse which IHMO is bad design. Maybe Yuneec warranty wouldn’t be so backlogged if this had been designed for user service. I get surface mount on main things but this should be socketed.

If anyone has the fuse rating I’d love to have it as searches are bringing up more confusion then help.
I think it will be difficult to find the size although there was a post a month or so back where another member did replace the fuse. I would simply hot wire a camera to a battery with an amp meter and check the current draw, then use a fuse about 2-3 times that size. There should be room for an small inline fuse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone