Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can you install a different version of Android on ST16?

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a H520 and my android version is 4.4 into my ST16.
How to install a newer android version?

Thanks per advance.

Yes but i would like to use my micro card SD like default storage, and for this, i need mimimum android version 6 !

This one depends from the launcher application. On the ST10+ the default storage for log files is in the SD card. Using the controller without the SD remove the waranty obligations from the manufacturer.

Probably for ST16 is possible to remap the memory point, but I didn't test this, because this is useles for me. The ST16 gives full access via ADB and access to the storage points when the device is connected via MTP.

If you asking about the default storage for applications, this is not good idea. Really there are no big memory wasters, so better is to stay near the manufacturer stage of installed applicarions.

Yes but i would like to use my micro card SD like default storage
Why? What is this good for? It is not recommended to have a SD card in the ST16 during flight. The slot is only to preview videos from the camera SD card in the field and for FW updates, nothing else.
Another Anroid FW will make the ST16 useless as RC for the drone.

br HE

It is not recommended to have a SD card in the ST16 during flight.

br HE
Hello HE,
I never heard about that recommandation. Could you please elaborate on the background? I hope the answer will not be RTFM ;-)
Does the active slot occupation diminish system performance? Just wondering why...

I never heard about that recommandation.
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but perhaps there is a reason.
I often keep a blank card in the ST as a spare. It's just a convenient way to carry it. But it's formatted as ExFAT so the controller can't read the card anyway.

Just tested on the simulator. In the real-life should be the same. When tapping on some of the buttons on the lowest part of the screen, the message pops with precaution and OK or Cancel choices. The controller is still operable and the copter is under control. If I tap OK, the copter goes in the RTH mode. When I go back to the launcher, the copter is under control again.

The pad is necessary for telemetry and camera presentation. On the start-up stage, it initializes the FC (Yes, in the ST16 FC has a place). Further using is the manufacturer's decision, which is not related to the controls.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop