Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't bind drone, no model shown in System settings

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I did it however I can't get a model to display in my ST16. The camera is displayed but not the Typhoon H.as a model choice. The light on the front of the Hex Copter is flashing blue.

I've tried "Model Select" and "New Model" however that only adds more choices on the model select window, non of which appear on the Sysem settings window/ It appears that I have lost the configuration.

Are you tipping the H forward a couple of times to put it into bind mode? At that point the status light should change to flashing orange.

Reactions: howfastyes
Hello WWiliam50,

I updated the ST16+ with the firmware v.03.01.b30, and the Typoon H with the firmware v.1.28 with a PC, because the ST16+ don't bind with the Typoon H. Then I delete the data of the Flight Mode, etc. but the I' cant bind the Typhoon with the ST16+, only the camera. I used the normal procedure.

Thanks.

LCastor what do you see on the screen? What do the lights on the drone say?
Hello WWiliam50,

I updated the ST16+ with the firmware v.03.01.b30, and the Typoon H with the firmware v.1.28 with a PC, because the ST16+ don't bind with the Typoon H. Then I delete the data of the Flight Mode, etc. but the I' cant bind the Typhoon with the ST16+, only the camera. I used the normal procedure.

Thanks

You mentioned the ST-16 generate a Flight Mode not found message in your PM. The ST-16 is telling you it cannot find the aircraft, which is a pretty common occurrence after a firmware update. The aircraft is no longer bound so it cannot be recognized. A lot of people run into problems here with their ST-16 not finding the aircraft firmware after tapping the Refresh button. The process of tilting the aircraft to get it to enter bind mode does not always work but there is another easier method to place the systems in a mode that will find and bind the firmware by placing the ST-16 in Team mode. This method has worked perfectly for me with every firmware update for two aircraft. Watch the attached video and follow his process precisely. Pay particular attention from the time of 0:08:25 onward as it is there it describes entering Team mode.

I do not recommend updating via PC and the GUI as many have encountered problems with this method. I have similar reservations with the use of OTA updates. Using the SD card has always been effective for both my H's but you have to perform the process correctly by staring with a clear SD card, preferably the card that came with your kit. Do not place both update files on the card at the same time. Doing so confuses the system. Start with the ST-16 update file. Do not unzip the file as the ST-16 and aircraft will take care of that. If you do open the file before loading it onto the card it will not load to the system. You will get a "file not found" message. Once the ST-16 has received the update file remove the SD card and delete all the files that will be on it. After deleting those files you can load the aircraft and camera file onto the card and place the card in the camera card slot.

The ST-16 will often not recognize cards having more than 32g of storage for the update process. 16g cards work best, which is the storage sized card that came with your H. If the card has too much storage the ST-16 will display a "file not found" message when you try to update. Bear in mind that typically, firmware issues are usually due more to people not fully understanding the process, or trying to use a firmware update to correct problems they induced that were not at all associated with firmware, not because of system problem. When such problems do occur it's best to take a a little time to review procedures that are known to work when the process is followed exactly. Haste has caused a lot of firmware problems as people tend to overlook important steps that are critical to successfully completing the process. Watch the video twice before starting your updates and have the video up and ready for review while you perform the updates.

Clarification Edit;

icaslor,

Until receiving your e-mail I was not aware you were using the ST-16 as a dedicated tablet, and not as the operator control device for a Typhoon H. As “Flight Mode” is what Yuneec uses as the name for the autopilot it may well be that Flight Mode is uploaded to the ST-16 from the aircraft firmware. Try linking the -16 to a Typhoon H and see what happens.

Please understand those that experience firmware issues when using devices in a manner other than intended by the manufacturer is not illustrative of firmware problems. Those trying to modify or repurposes devices remove those devices from the scope of intended use, at which point standard practices are no longer applicable.

I'm not sure how I did it however I can't get a model to display in my ST16. The camera is displayed but not the Typhoon H.as a model choice. The light on the front of the Hex Copter is flashing blue.

I've tried "Model Select" and "New Model" however that only adds more choices on the model select window, non of which appear on the Sysem settings window/ It appears that I have lost the configuration.

This video will help get you on the right track.

If following the video does not help then follow the procedures in this document Typhoon H Binding Verification.pdf. This verification has you perform a step and says what result you should get. When you don’t get the expected result, report that step and the result you got in a reply to this thread.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz