Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can't Connect GUI

This issue really annoyed me with Win10 AND Win 7 Pro. Found that right clicking on the program icon and using "Run as Administrator" fixed the problem. I did have to pull the USB and replace.

Reactions: CayBob
FYI:

Remember, the GUI only works with WIndows 10. NOT with the MAC OS even if you are running Windows10 on Parellels. Frustrating, but true.

FYI:

Remember, the GUI only works with WIndows 10. NOT with the MAC OS even if you are running Windows10 on Parellels. Frustrating, but true.

That is not accurate, as I use the GUI on a Win7 box...

That is not accurate, as I use the GUI on a Win7 box...

To correct my comment above: I believe you cannot connect the Yuneec GUI interface to a MAC, even if you are using Parallels or some other software to create a virtual Windows PC. This was confirmed by Yuneec EU and I am now searching for a Windows laptop I can borrow for a few days to work with Yuneec to remove the NFZ limitations as I am located outside the US and need those limitations turned off.

If anyone knows how to case Windows10 to detect a Yuneec H+ using Parallels on an iMac (Mohave) please let me know. I would sincerely appreciate the help.

I just learned the hard way.. after hours.. for looking around for not connecting to the gui.
one simple trick did it for me.
I was putting the micro usb cable on the wrong port of the typhoon. the right port is above the usb plastic cap on the bottom of the top edge.

first try and connected fine.
Best to all

I just learned the hard way.. after hours.. for looking around for not connecting to the gui.
one simple trick did it for me.
I was putting the micro usb cable on the wrong port of the typhoon. the right port is above the usb plastic cap on the bottom of the top edge.

first try and connected fine.
Best to all

I did the exact same thing when I first got my drone. Even drove an hour and a half to Yuneec in Ontario, CA only to have them show me I was using the wrong port!!

I tried your advice and went to Yuneec's website. I found the two files, one for MAC and one for Windows, but when I clicked on the Windows version, it came up with the MAC version. So I guess I'll just wait until someone at Yuneec fixes the problem for the downloads.
Thanks anyway,
Mojoe35

The Yuneec USA website is crap......... 1/2 the buttons dont work........ HOW DO I GET THE VEHICLE ID # FOR A NFZ RELEASE

You must connect the aircraft to the GUI to obtain the auto pilot serial number. That info has been published in this and other forums many times over, going as far back as mid 2016. If you not already done so, the GUI can be obtained from Yuneec’s “Downloads” pages. Best practice has the GUI installed on the desktop instead of being saved to a folder.

As well as I can remember, Yuneec has never gone out of their way to advertise removal of NFZ’s or how to do so. I don’t see any fault in that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy