Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

can't connect to GUI

Reaction score
I had a look at old posts and tried more or less everything I could find.

In the beginning the application Yas crashing immediately after start up but running it as admin solved the problem.

Nevertheless it still can't connect to the drone. I installed the driver, restarted multiple times, unsinstalled and reinstalled the app and still can't connect. If I go to settings, the dropdown list to select the com port is empty, however in the windows device manager there is a com port listed so it looks like the driver is doing its job.

Could it be that it used to work with a previous version but no longer with the current version?

Last edited:
now there is a serial port in the list and if I push testing it says success but guess what... it still doesn't connect to the drone.

I had to try multiple USB cables until i I found one that would allow connection. What yours had when you got it may not work.

I also tried several cables and today picked up another one from the office. No luck.
Does anyone else have version 1.02 and windows 10 working together with H920?
Pat's screenshots were with 1.01 if I am not mistaken.

Tried with another laptop. No success either. So the drone is locked with a short distance and 400' of height and no possibility to change that.
So far it's been even worse than DJI.

Could someone post version 1.1 of the GUI? I found 1.0.7 archived on yuneec-forum, it doesn't work either. Absolutely horrible how many hours I have already wasted with that.

Last edited:
Mine’s actually the latest version as I’ve downloaded from Yuneec twice since the original GUI was released. Each download over wrote and replaced the previous .exe file. The most recent download on my end was about a month ago.

Just called Yuneec and they tell me that the gui only works with the plus version, not with the h920. So no help to expect from Yuneec. They repeated several times that it was a very old, 'end of life' product. Great support.

I have a Plus, have not owned the original version. I posted what I had to do to get my Plus to connect in the 920 Plus help forum several weeks ago.

Something Yuneec told me when I inquired about connecting to GUI issues rings false after finally connecting to it. They stated none of their commercial rigs had any restrictions. As both your 920 and my 920 Plus were/are limited to a 400 foot altitude cap their statement appears to be in error, especially if the 920 can’t connect to the GUI. 400’ is certainly a restriction. Additionally, the tech also stated he has always been able to connect the 920’s he’s worked on to the GUI. If the 920 can’t be linked perhaps he has only worked with the Plus version.

Last edited:
According to Yuneec USA it is possible to change the settings using the GUI of the... Q500, But it doesn't work for me.
However the guy seemed to know his business and it looks like the problem lies with my drone.
So if any of you guys still has an H920 you can try!

Just a thought but if you still have the Typhoon H GUI on your computer try removing it along with the Q-500 GUI. Who knows what common paths they might share. After doing that try downloading the Q500 4K GUI once more and try connecting again. As the Q series has two GUI's you might have to try both the Q500+ and the Q500 4K versions.

I somewhat recall the guy I spoke with mentioning the Q-500 GUI in our conversation but not as being applicable to the Plus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold