Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CAN'T GET A RAW FILE

Reaction score
HELP. On my q500 I set the camera setting to raw, do a flight, shoot stills and never end up with a file larger the 1 meg. Any idea what I'm not doing? Attached is a before and after image that is appx 690k and processed through Adobe camera raw and looks good on a monitor but won't print worth much at any size of consequence.
Thanks much for any help.YUN00153 adjusted.jpgYUN00153 adjusted.jpgYUN00153a.jpg
Charles Brooks

I hate to disappoint you, but the TH/Q500 cannot do true RAW. Its 'Raw' mode isn't a proper maximum data / exposure-variable raw like you'd get off a DSLR camera - it is just footage recorded with no in-camera enhancement, so the data rate isn't greater. With video you'll never get it to more than 50 Mb/sec, but it does respond to grading and sharpening better than the other modes. And all pictures are 4000 x 3000 px at 72 dpi (screen resolution), which as you have noticed isn't going to give a 300 dpi print bigger than 13 inches wide or so unless you resample it.

Last edited:
As stated there is no real raw but that said are you sure you have your camera set to 12mpx? Those. Seem very soft and low res compared to what I get from my q500. That said I've never tried raw as the reviews said it didnt really work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss