Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Capabilities of the Q500 G

Reaction score
Has it ever been formally announced what capabilities you will have with the G?

Through the transmitter, can you start/stop video? Change camera settings? Switch from video to photo?

Will we be able to swap between the GoPro and CGO3 gimbals on the same Q500?

Has it ever been formally announced what capabilities you will have with the G?

Through the transmitter, can you start/stop video? Change camera settings? Switch from video to photo?

Will we be able to swap between the GoPro and CGO3 gimbals on the same Q500?
I got this as a response from my email to them.

Hello,
If I bought the Typhoon G and hooked up my GoPro Hero4, will I be able to stop/start video when the quadcopter is in the air? Will I be able to change settings on the GoPro with the Remote Control? Thanks
Mike

Hello Mike,
The short answer is yes, you will be able to control the camera with the ST10+ transmitter. You will go through a process of binding your camera to the drone. I recommend you visit our website www.yuneec.com, click on the products tab then on the Typhoon G tab. This will offer an abundance of information the the G. Please continue to contact us if you have any further questions.
Have a Yuneec day!

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Yuneec! You must start and stop Gopro manually and cannot make any changes to Gopro settings via ST10+ transmitter. Only function that may be done via ST10+ is the tilt function. Sorry for the confusion. If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

Tim Terrones
Online Social Services
|Yuneec USA, Inc.
5555 Ontario Mills Parkway
Ontario, CA 91764
[email protected]

Hello Mike,

Thank you for choosing Yuneec! You must start and stop Gopro manually and cannot make any changes to Gopro settings via ST10+ transmitter. Only function that may be done via ST10+ is the tilt function. Sorry for the confusion. If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me.

Best Regards,

Tim Terrones
Online Social Services
|Yuneec USA, Inc.
Ontario, CA 91764
[email protected]

Would I be able to view what the GoPro is filming from the st10?

Hello Mike,

Best Regards,

Tim Terrones
Online Social Services
|Yuneec USA, Inc.
Ontario, CA 91764
[email protected]

This makes the Typhoon G a more limited platform, for sure. Not being able to change settings is an inconvenience - not really sure how much of one though. You wouldn't be able to shoot still images unless you did it with the GoPro app, and that would interfere with how I fly.

You could set it up to shoot timelapse photos but you won't be able to see the FPV on your TX. (The guy who does Videos By Andy has a Typhoon G and confirmed that one for me a day or two ago.)

This makes the Typhoon G a more limited platform, for sure. Not being able to change settings is an inconvenience - not really sure how much of one though. You wouldn't be able to shoot still images unless you did it with the GoPro app, and that would interfere with how I fly.

You could set it up to shoot timelapse photos but you won't be able to see the FPV on your TX. (The guy who does Videos By Andy has a Typhoon G and confirmed that one for me a day or two ago.)
I use the GoPro on my Phantom 2. You can set the GoPro to film & take pics at the same time, no apps needed. The settings are within the camera itself. I can see FPV, film video & take pics all at the same time. The same would be true of the Yuneec.

My question is will there be an option to use a GoPro on the Q500 4K with an accessory gimbal?

Reactions: dirkclod
I use the GoPro on my Phantom 2. You can set the GoPro to film & take pics at the same time, no apps needed. The settings are within the camera itself.
Thanks for the suggestion. I always forget what the capabilities of my GoPro are

Why are the photo and video buttons disabled on the controller? I just ordered one and am considering cancelling as I just figured out this limitation. Is this a limitation of Yuneec or GoPro? Can we expect this to be fixed in a future firmware update?

Why are the photo and video buttons disabled on the controller? I just ordered one and am considering cancelling as I just figured out this limitation. Is this a limitation of Yuneec or GoPro? Can we expect this to be fixed in a future firmware update?
I believe that GoPro did not release the programming to Yuneec

Reactions: Yuneec_Usa
Gopro has the camera use locked up unless Yuneec wants to pony up the money for the rights to use it. 3DR is the only one I know that will eventually come out with Gopro control via the RC controller.

It seems that GoPro would benefit from having this interface open for all accessory makers to help boost sales. Last I checked, there is no shortage of GoPros in the stores. I've decided to keep my order after all since I can just set to the Photo+Video mode. Not ideal, but more of an editing hassle than anything.

It seems that GoPro would benefit from having this interface open for all accessory makers to help boost sales. Last I checked, there is no shortage of GoPros in the stores. I've decided to keep my order after all since I can just set to the Photo+Video mode. Not ideal, but more of an editing hassle than anything.
There is no exclusivity with that approach. Besides, charging a licensing fee helps Gopro profit more. Last time I checked Gopro is still the leader in action cams so they get to call the shots.

Reactions: dirkclod
Can a XiaoMi Yi camera be used with the G, if so, what limitations?

Possibly too soon to know the answer, but......

Will gimbal mount accept Yi without modification ( fit or weight )?
Will image be transmitted to ST 10?
I don't care about vid / pic controls, as simply video from beginning to end.

Thanks in advance for reply.

do you know if yuneec is working on implementing the two buttons that doesnt work for the go pro (take pictures and video recording).
Hello Mike,

Best Regards,

Tim Terrones
Online Social Services
|Yuneec USA, Inc.
Ontario, CA 91764
[email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member