Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CCC Question

Reaction score
From the manual. "NOTICE: The direct distance between every two waypoint should be more than 26 feet (8 meters)."

I wondered if this is just lateral or also vertical. So basically is it every 8 meters no mater what direction. So let's say your first waypoint is at 1 meter, the next is vertical 8 meters and 1 foot to the right, say a third is another 8 meters up and another foot to the right.

Attachments

• waypoint question.png
    waypoint question.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
Basically 8 meters or 26 feet in any direction (direct line) in 3D space, so 8 meters in the horizontal plane and 8 meters vertically from that spot will place the aircraft at approximately 11.31 meters distant from the first . Also, it won't let you place a waypoint if it calculates that you are closer that 8 meters from the last.

And here is the big thing you need to take away from this - the GPS accuracy is not so great, so you might find that you can place one 20 feet away one time; and another it needs about 40 actual feet from the last waypoint - due to the GPS inaccuracy. It cannot be over emphasized to keep in mind that you need to plan your waypoints knowing it can (and will) run through these waypoints in a manner that gets close to, but may not accurately hit every waypoint every time. And each time you run it can be slightly different.

If you're placing a waypoint within 20 feet of any obstacle or even the ground (such as after a decent), keep in mind it is not 'thinking or watching and it could run into something when it is running the route if it's too close. So it is up to the pilot to monitor the route at all times and be ready to cancel or pause if needed.

Reactions: Euphered
Basically 8 meters or 26 feet in any direction (direct line) in 3D space, so 8 meters in the horizontal plane and 8 meters vertically from that spot will place the aircraft at approximately 11.31 meters distant from the first . Also, it won't let you place a waypoint if it calculates that you are closer that 8 meters from the last.

And here is the big thing you need to take away from this - the GPS accuracy is not so great, so you might find that you can place one 20 feet away one time; and another it needs about 40 actual feet from the last waypoint - due to the GPS inaccuracy. It cannot be over emphasized to keep in mind that you need to plan your waypoints knowing it can (and will) run through these waypoints in a manner that gets close to, but may not accurately hit every waypoint every time. And each time you run it can be slightly different.

If you're placing a waypoint within 20 feet of any obstacle or even the ground (such as after a decent), keep in mind it is not 'thinking or watching and it could run into something when it is running the route if it's too close. So it is up to the pilot to monitor the route at all times and be ready to cancel or pause if needed.

Thanks Ty, was hoping for a reply from you.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Just a point to make about the function of CCC that I learned. Assuming you set a rout resembling the picture below, I believe the first and last waypoint will connect even if you do not want it to. I have experienced this when setting 4 different waypoints to move around a point of interest. Looked like a soccer goal with the poi at the goal line. When I executed the mission, it connected the first and last. I had to pause real fast or end up in a huge tree lol. tapatalk_1562368120388.jpeg

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Haha, just went out, clearly did something wrong since it went from waypoint to waypoint at top speed like a coked up bumble bee.

Were you touching the left stick at all? Like holding it full forward/up?

not sure what I was doing, but it made me laugh. It just wasn't right. Charging up tonight and having at it again tomorrow, hopefully when it's not 90 degrees out with 90% humidity in the air. It was terrible out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold