Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

My guess is they will price it such that most will see the difference between the camera only and the standard package to little to not get the whole thing.

so probably 999.00 :eek:

Yep, I was figuring about $900... if in fact the ST-16s has a noticeably brighter screen as touted, those two items together would make it that they are throwing in the H+ airframe for about $500... :)

Willing to bet the ActionCam grip will not be compatible with the C23.

I don't know if anyone has already posted the below video but it is an interview from CES 2018 and the Yuneec rep actually calls the camera for the H+ the E90. It is literally the same camera. Time stamp 1:28.

Carolina Dronz has been taking $100 pre-orders - but takers will be flying blind on the shipping price.

Been there, done that with the H-480. I’ll never pre-order anything again. Time lines go into the sewer by months, credit account balance or cash account isolation accounting becomes a PITA, distributors get shorted on unit delivery counts, you get bumped in the line up, etc.

Reactions: Graham
Good PR but not very meaningful. It sounds the best or looks the best but it ain't the best until it flies -- which I hope may be sooner than they are indicating. From a marketing/supply chain POV, they have to allow a window for dealers to clear old stock without taking too much of a margin hit.

I am glad I cancelled my order for the RealSense version from Yuneec. Although a great deal, my Pro version from B&H at $799 will get plenty of use until the Plus is released.

I imagine a lot of people have cancelled orders this week. I haven't yet noticed much of a price drop but unless stocks are already very low, it's bound to happen - which would be great for anyone who doesn't want or need the new camera.

I imagine a lot of people have cancelled orders this week. I haven't yet noticed much of a price drop but unless stocks are already very low, it's bound to happen - which would be great for anyone who doesn't want or need the new camera.

I was told about 250 RS versions are still backordered. And this is after a shipment just came in. Apparently Horizon got some.

So just noticed price difference between the new H and the current model both with real sense
£1,679 new H
current H £1,549

Prices are all over the place. It's possible to buy the Typhoon H Pro with RealSense for around £875 in the US or £1020 on eBay or £1100 in UK High Street chain, Jessops. For now at least, the UK prices are pretty much the same as they were before the H+ was announced.

The new 20MP camera makes the H+ intrinsically more valuable than the Pro so there is bound to be a price differential.

Yes and no. If the E-90 had a field of view equal and focal length to the E-50 it would be a far better deal. Big error made in not making the E-50 a 20mpxl, 1" sensor camera.

Reactions: Graham
That takes it up a step in design... with a 20MP 1" sensor you will have a 50-55mm lens with the extra weight of the additional glass, plus whatever re-design is needed, to have more components further to the back of the camera to counteract that weight gain in the front.

Add in a re-design of the gimbal to accomplish the steadiness that would be demanded by that longer focal length... several pilots that own a second CGO3+ with a Peau 8.25 (including myself) are familiar with the limitations of a longer lens without some type of gimbal modification.

The one final point is the sharpness of the lens itself... when I was a much younger photographer, I decided that to increase my quality, I would go to a medium format camera. Being not able to afford the gold standard at the time with a Hasselblad, I went with a Mamiya 645... with a film area of 3X that of a standard 35mm.

Problem is that the Mamiya lenses were mediocre in sharpness, and so having the larger film area was offset (and more) by lower sharpness of the image. I ended up going back to 35mm and got superior resolution with my Nikon and Nikkor lenses.

Last edited:
several pilots that own a second CGO3+ with a Peau 8.25 (including myself) are familiar with the limitations of a longer lens without some type of gimbal modification.
Did you have more trouble with image jiggle? What gimbal modifications did you do? Add weight to the back of the camera? Different dampers?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads