Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CES 2018; Yuneec 3 announces: Typhoon H Plus, Firebird FPV airplane and HD racer drones

Seems like it’s a 520 painted dark gray with an E90 and dumbed down ST16 from a 520.

It will likely be a good bird but I don’t want to be the first one to own one. Maybe after a few firmware updates.

It looks like a 480 with longer arms, no paint, just the same color as the original plastic.

It will likely be a good bird but I don’t want to be the first one to own one. Maybe after a few firmware updates.
I will gladly take that risk - but for those happy with the current model, there should be some bargains to be had while stocks last.

If the touted prices are correct - EU€1549 or EU€1849 with RealSense - the new H looks compelling for anyone like me who has been drooling over that camera.

I will gladly take that risk - but for those happy with the current model, there should be some bargains to be had while stocks last.

If the touted prices are correct - EU€1549 or EU€1849 with RealSense - the new H looks compelling for anyone like me who has been drooling over that camera.

I am quite compelled myself!

I'm quite happy with both of my TH480 birds, the one I got in December was a good deal. I do intend to upgrade the lens in the older camera though. The E90 is likely a very good camera for what I like doing but going another year or two with the TH480 won't bother me. This is just a hobby for me.

I have no desire to repeat the firmware fiasco I encountered a year ago.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
Okay so I'll ask the question - Yuneec are you listening? Here we go - Dear Yuneec, will the new camera fit our Typhoon H Classic? :) That sure would keep me from doing what I'm planning on doing, oh please let it be so.

Okay so I'll ask the question - Yuneec are you listening? Here we go - Dear Yuneec, will the new camera fit our Typhoon H Classic? :) That sure would keep me from doing what I'm planning on doing, oh please let it be so.

That would be very nice but also very unlikely.

I wonder how they made it 40% quieter? New motors / props? It seems most of the noise comes from the props cutting the air. Wonder if we can upgrade the software and firmware in our H's to the Plus. I don't really care about the camera upgrades but the software and firmware upgrades would be nice.
Different motors were also used to make it quieter from what I recall.

Not only that, there have to be many more functionalities because it doesn't make sense to pay 1000€ more. That's the feeling I have now.

Of course the Typhoon H Plus I think has no survery functions but only that doesn't justify such a big outlay. Not counting the sensors.

Once again the lack of information makes us think about strange things...................................................................................

P.D.: Nor does the orange color justify it. I'm going to take it with humor..........

:) That sure would keep me from doing what I'm planning on doing.
The mind boggles. I hope they do. From a marketing angle, it would make total sense to sell the camera separately for the classic model if it is technically feasible. Marketing might also dictate that they hold it back for 6-12 months so as to maximise sales of the new Plus though.

Hi,
Yuneec has announced three new drones at CES 2018 that made its debut two years ago, and two first entries into new categories for the company (...):
  • Typhoon H Plus (US $ 1.799.99) more larger hexacopter with camera and 1 inch and 20 MP sensor: like a black H520 with E90 camera +> the first half of 2018;
  • Firebird FPV (US $ 699.99) an RC airplane with a camera in the nose +> the first half of 2018;
  • HD Racer (US $ 179.99)+> the second half of 2018...:
RC airplane and racer drone are new fields for Yuneec...

Link to discover the online article and read more:
Yuneec announces Typhoon H Plus alongside first fixed-wing and racing drones

Last edited:
Having watched the roll-out of the original H and seeing the progression of updates until it became the aircraft it is today; I watched the 520 expecting an improvement of that progression but it wasn't there. I have since quite watching the H 520 as I prepared to focus on whats next. Now the 520 Black/480 ultra whatever, is "out" and I would like to think it is what we all hope it is; but my gut says otherwise. So test one is March, thats when Yuneec says it will be released.

Popcorn-eating-Emoji-Scared.jpg

Having watched the roll-out of the original H and seeing the progression of updates until it became the aircraft it is today; I watched the 520 expecting an improvement of that progression but it wasn't there. I have since quite watching the H 520 as I prepared to focus on whats next. Now the 520 Black/480 ultra whatever, is "out" and I would like to think it is what we all hope it is; but my gut says otherwise. So test one is March, thats when Yuneec says it will be released.

I saw 1st half of 2018 as a projected date... which based on the 520, would be mid August... o_O
November, after the first couple of firmware updates sounds about right...

And I do not take it with humor, I think we were the beautiful bumps in history.
And what do we do with our H520s that are unable to do the tenth of the H plus.

I feel like I bet on the wrong horse.

I just have to find an orange garbage can to match the H520.

This is neither more nor less the E90

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat