Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ and steady grip

Reaction score
Why is CG03+ and steady grip so inefficient? When Its in The Typhoon H the CG03 works like a champ but on
The Steady Grip It needs a full 11volts and more amps then AA batteries put out?

Im using the 8 AA. Just burned thru 2 sets o AAs trying to keep it connected

Just got mine last week and am getting the NiMH batteries for now. I’ll mod mine for 3S LiPo use once I’m back in Michigan and have my full workshop.

D6D74AE2-C436-4292-9C00-2DD95CB9C414.jpeg

I found the CGO3+ difficult to slide on and off the mounting rail. This was due to the support tabs on the camera side

7ABB97F3-DCD7-494C-8B86-E6EB4CE08411.jpeg

catching on the plastic around the two front screws that hold the mounting rail on the SteadyGrip. I used a small file to remove the inside half around the screws (while it was removed from the SteadyGrip).

3013C39C-EB83-4466-A791-E1F6A60DCBF6.jpeg

Most people prefer to convert the battery to a 12v (3S) Li-ion. That will run the grip for hours. Also you could use rechargeable AA batteries.
That is exactly the way that I have gone. Can't use the battery bay cover, so used gaffer tape until I could 3D print a new cover. A great tool for doing internal shots for estate agents to add to external aerial video.

Im using the 8 AA. Just burned thru 2 sets o AAs trying to keep it connected
Sounds like you may have a defective Steadygrip. I've used a few Steadygrips. All were just slide on the camera, and everything worked fine.
Can you clarify some things:
What camera are you using? I assume you are using CGo3+, but you mentioned both CG03+ and CGo3.
What did you mean by "trying to keep it connected"?
How much run time are you getting? A few seconds? A few minutes? A couple hours?
Are you using standard batteries or rechargeable?
What brand are the batteries?
When it is powered on, does it seem to perform normally, other than short battery life?

When I use the CGO3 + with the steady grip, I have a lot of latency with my smartphone. Do you have the same concern? if not, which smartphone are you using?

Hi ! I've got a question concerning SteadyGrip and CGOET camera with H520. The camera start and it s possible to see the RGB image, but not the thermal. Moreover, it is not possible to record and there is no control of the gimbal. I see that it is ok with a H480. Do you think it is a difference in the ST16S control ? (I dont know if CGOET for H480 and CGOET for H520 are identical). Do you see a solution to resolve these issues ? Perhaps with a ST16 it will be ok ?
Thanks in advance for your help

There is no phone app for the CGO-ET. So the only way to control the camera when mounted to the SteadyGrip is to use the ST16s for video feed and control. Once you set it up and start recording then you can walk with the SteadyGrip to get you shots.

There is no phone app for the CGO-ET. So the only way to control the camera when mounted to the SteadyGrip is to use the ST16s for video feed and control. Once you set it up and start recording then you can walk with the SteadyGrip to get you shots.
Yes i know ! But the problem is that it does not work with the st16s of the H520 ! I dont know if this is the fault of the cam or the ST16s ! It is strange that it works with the 480 and not the 520.

It is the TYNETEU. Do you think that is the reason? I'm very disapointed about that :(
Yes, that is the reason. There are two versions on that camera and they are not interchangeable. So the H480 version will not connect to the ST16s.

So to clarify, you have an H520 but the CGO-ET you have is for the H480?
If so you can likely pick up a used ST16 for less than $100.

Yes, that is the reason. There are two versions on that camera and they are not interchangeable. So the H480 version will not connect to the ST16s.

So to clarify, you have an H520 but the CGO-ET you have is for the H480?
If so you can likely pick up a used ST16 for less than $100.
No ! I have an H520 with the good camera : CGO ET for h 520 (TYNETEU). Everything is ok when the cam is on the drone.
But with the steadygrip, the cam is powered and only show the rgb image (on the st16s), with no record.
And i'm looking for a solution to see the thermal image (on my st16s or other).
Thanks !

Reactions: Steve Carr
The steady grip is a simple PWM device. CGO 3, 3+, and probably ET have a legacy port for initialization and tilt movement. No way to pan. Probably the second camera in the ET, because there are two different cameras with a common synchronization and shared memory, should be initialized before use too. Unfortunately, this seems to be done via a serial link from the drone.

----

I'm watching one grip and probably I'll buy it after the new year. Still, the price is high, let the seller await and take the right decision in the relisting. The idea in the far future is to implement an SR24 inside with some kind of decoder to have full control over the camera.

The steady grip is a simple PWM device. CGO 3, 3+, and probably ET have a legacy port for initialization and tilt movement. No way to pan. Probably the second camera in the ET, because there are two different cameras with a common synchronization and shared memory, should be initialized before use too. Unfortunately, this seems to be done via a serial link from the drone.

----

I'm watching one grip and probably I'll buy it after the new year. Still, the price is high, let the seller await and take the right decision in the relisting. The idea in the far future is to implement an SR24 inside with some kind of decoder to have full control over the camera.
Sounds like an interesting project.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval