Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ camera

I guess I need to improve the steps. What Step 19 is trying to show you is to stick the point of something thin and pointed under each tab, bend the tab up enough to release the latch, and pull the wire out. See Attachment 20, Addendum 1 (General Latch and Pin Arrangement) for an idea of how the connector is made.

See also:
Attachment 18 (CGo3+ Slip Ring Cross Section)
Attachment 19 (CGo3+ Slip Ring Wire Color)
"Capsule Slip Ring 6 Circuits / Wires*1A OD7.85mm Miniature Rotating Slip Ring | eBay"

(Document attachment and addendum numbers are subject to change)
Wow finally one which posts to UK.

How do you get the damper pads back in their holes?

Pinch them flat, get one edge started, then sorta roll and press with fingernails or thumb. This has been an issue forever, and tons of ways have been suggested. One more popular method is to make a loop out of dental floss, twist it around the damper and pull the thing though. You can probably find several other ways by doing search including some things like "CGo3 damper install".

By the way, the picture looks like you have the Yaw motor power leads coming out the side of the arm mount, and plugged into the Pitch (Tilt) Encoder socket. Both are bad, if that's true.

The roll encoder (if that's the one that is on the back of the vertical arm) it is plugged in. Probably not in the right place but that's not the one that is missing

Looks like you will need to trace each wire to determine the sensor /motor, and compare it to the attachment to ensure it is in the right place. Do you have a multimeter?

If these are the motor wires, you mounted the motor sideways:
Capture1.JPG

Using this drawing, where did you plug the Roll encoder?
cgo3+ Gimbal Board Connections5.jpg

Is there supposed to be a red cable connected to it as well? Got this from your project pics20191119_104713.jpeg

No. That was a heavily repaired camera. The only one I had at the time. I thought I added a statement somewhere about variations in wiring, but probably ought to redo the article sometime with a better camera.
The one you have circled is repaired. (The original wires were pulled off and damaged, so I soldered on a piece of esc control wire from a Q500 drone.)

Help me understand. Do you have an extra terminal, and don't know where it attaches to the gimbal board? Or do you have one less terminal than you should.

One extra terminal. Here are how many wires are coming from each part. One is coming from the big motor you just sent me, 2 are coming from the left side of the camera facing the camera. 3 from the right side. And right above the camera (where the vertical arm attaches to the camera) there are 220191119_134755.jpeg

Numbers on the drawing look right, except in the Yaw motor area. You should have motor power and Yaw sensor coming from this area. The drawing indicates "1". See if this list helps:

Horizontal 3 pin connectors, top of board:
Yaw sensor (under the gimbal board) (3 pin connector)
Pitch Sensor (side of camera) (3 pin connector)
Roll sensor (Rear of camera /bottom of vertical arm)(3 pin connector)

Vertical 3 pin connectors, top of board:
Yaw Motor (top of verical arm, under the gimbal board)(3 pin connector)
Pitch Motor (side of camera) (3 pin connector)
Roll sensor (Rear of camera /bottom of vertical arm)(3 pin connector)

4 pin connectors, top of board:
UART1 (To WIFI Board) (4 pin connector, only 3 wires present) (WIFI end is a 7 pin connector,probably only uses these three wires)
IMU (above lens in front of camera) (4 pin connector, uses all 4 wires)

Bottom of Board:
Camera Power (To WIFI Board) (4 Pin connector)
Slip Ring Connector (6 Pin Connector)

You mean the colored big one on the bottom. Yes it is there. I didnt mention that one because there was no confusion about where that one went lol. My apologies

When you say "terminal" are you referring to the piece on the end of the wire or to the stationary piece on the board?
And none of them should be colored except the slip ring stuff and the camera microphones. Everything else should be black. (Power wires might have some tan. Not sure.)

When you say "terminal" are you referring to the piece on the end of the wire or to the stationary piece on the board?
And none of them should be colored except the slip ring stuff and the camera microphones. Everything else should be black. (Power wires might have some tan. Not sure.)
I was referring to the one on the bottom of the board. I'm sorry to be so confusing lol I'm starting to confuse myself 1574191741809.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop