Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ steady grip?

Reaction score
I would love to able to use my typhoon h camera as a handheld one as well, does the old CGO3 steady grip work? can i just buy one off ebay and have it work? will yuneec make one for the CG03+?

I would love to able to use my typhoon h camera as a handheld one as well, does the old CGO3 steady grip work? can i just buy one off ebay and have it work? will yuneec make one for the CG03+?

The steady grip that shipped with my Q500 4K at the end of October does not work it has not got the right connections, I believe the very latest steadygrip has now got different connections and partially works.

You can do what I've already tried and that is hold the Typhoon H in your hand without the props on and the two front arms clicked up and the rest folded down, switch on ST16 and Typhoon H and wait for wi-fi connection, just practice your walking speed to avoid up and down movement when walking, which is what you have to do with the steady grip anyway, I got good results walk around a church yard, I also tried over the top of my car it just looks like I flew over the front and down the back with great results.

The camera from the H is longer when mounted, I had it connected but it did not yaw fully because the camera would touch the base of the grip.

Is yours like that? Can you show a side profile of your mod?

The camera from the H is longer when mounted, I had it connected but it did not yaw fully because the camera would touch the base of the grip.

How much yaw do you need?
I'll post the picture soon.
But you are right, it hits, but it also hits looking straight up and straight down.
But this is a steady grip, not a PTZ base.
It will steady most hand movements even while running.

So it works out of the box but uses up to much power so you have to do the battery mod? that's strange. I just want to be be stabilized and able to use the camera without carrying around the entire drone and st16 and don't need to pan down all the way so this should work. but i am confused on which one to get off ebay with people saying there are multiple versions will this one work?

BRAND NEW YUNEEC CG02+ CG03 GB203 STEADYGRIP STEADY GRIP HAND HELD GIMBLE MOUNT

Short answer is no not all of steady grips are the same if it has a socket for the camera to plug into then it wont work.

What to look for this is a photo mine and it has the socket for camera to plug into this wont work with the Typhoon H.

Attachments

• P8064542.JPG
    P8064542.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • P8064540.JPG
    P8064540.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
So it works out of the box but uses up to much power so you have to do the battery mod? that's strange. I just want to be be stabilized and able to use the camera without carrying around the entire drone and st16 and don't need to pan down all the way so this should work. but i am confused on which one to get off ebay with people saying there are multiple versions will this one work?

BRAND NEW YUNEEC CG02+ CG03 GB203 STEADYGRIP STEADY GRIP HAND HELD GIMBLE MOUNT
That one WONT WORK!

Here is the text from my YouTube video.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE TWO STEPS AS TO WHICH VERSION OF STEADY GRIP.

Published on Jul 5, 2016
So I purchased a cheap, in excellent condition, second hand Yuneec Steady Grip from eBay.
I wanted to attach my Typhoon H CGO3+ Camera to it. I tried with 8 AA batteries and after 15 minutes they were flat, but it had at least worked. So I decided to do the LiPo upgrade with a couple of extras.
First thing you need is the Steady Grip.
1. It must have a slide on connector with three pins. (Not just the 3 pin plug)
2. It needs to be the 8 AA battery version, not the 6 AA.
I purchased this battery, it fits perfectly.
Turnigy nano-tech 2500mAh 3S1P 5~10C Transmitter Lipo Pack (Futaba 6EX and 3PKS) (AU Warehouse)
This is the LiPo battery voltage tester and low voltage alarm I used.
Turnigy Lipo Battery Voltage Tester 2-8S and Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm
I also used the XT60Plus plugs.
New XT60plus with Insulating End Cap (5set/bag)
But I have decided to swap these to the EC2 connectors as they are a little smaller and the same as inside the ST16 controller and I already have a charge lead with that type of connector on my LiPo charger.
EC2 Female & Male (5pcs/bag)
One of these 3S JST-XH balance extensions.
JST-XH 3S Wire Extension 20cm (10pcs/bag)
Lastly this great little double pole toggle switch, from Jaycar.
DPDT Flattened Actuator Mini Toggle Switch | Jaycar Electronics

I plan on adding this 2.5A USB adapter when it arrives.
Turnigy USB Power Adapter

If you have any further questions or comments please leave a message below and I will get back to you.
Thanks for watching

i did not see any on ebay with pins on the slide connector just ones with the connector without pins and some with a cover on the slide connector

check it out here.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

All you need is a YUNCGOST102 to use your CGO3+.
YUNEEC 1PC OF CGO STEADYGRIP w/ LIPO CELLS YUNCGOST102 B&H Photo

That package only comes with SteadyGrip and Battery. NO CHARGER. I called Yuneec and they recommended for me to obtaining a 12.6v 1A charger. As of Yesterday they could not sell me the OEM one as they did not have a part number on their system, but said will get back to me by tomorrow and I will be able to purchase one from them direct. As per their techs recommendation I bought 12.6v 1A charger. Unfortunately it somehow burned out or shorted the SteadyGrip and after informing Yuneec they gave me an RMA number and I sent the unit back for repair.

I did get to use a bit with whatever power was left from the original factory charge before the battery died. It worked great when using it from a car shooting head on.

I even designed and fabricated a 4th Axis damper for walking or running shots. I did not get to test it out since my stock Yuneec parts I used to build the damper only came in the mail today, so I will have to wait till I get my SteadyGrip back. I also retrofitted a camera suction cup kit for cars to use with the SteadyGrip. Man I hope Yuneec fixes my unit fast.

Yes that one will work.
But a $50 eBay or Craigslist or Gumtree one is even better.
As long as it has the slide on 3 pin connector and 8 AA or LiPo battery.

Go to eBay. Search Steadygrip battery.
You will find a listing for a mod to use your battery from your q500 or your Typhoon H..
In the description there are links to YouTube.
Everything you ask is answered in the videos.

Short answer is no not all of steady grips are the same if it has a socket for the camera to plug into then it wont work.

What to look for this is a photo mine and it has the socket for camera to plug into this wont work with the Typhoon H.

I purchased a steadygrip which came with a gimbal for a gopro, and has a little socket to connect the gimbal to the grip. when i connected my CGO3+ to it, it stabilised but i couldnt connect my phone to it. am i doing something wrong, or is the gimbal wrong??

If it has the socket it will work if it also has the slide connectors. Its the ones with the socket but no slide connectors that will not work with the CGO3+ that comes with the Typhoon H.
Because the CGO3+ does not have a place to connect the short wire needed for the socket connector.

Last edited:
I purchased a steadygrip which came with a gimbal for a gopro, and has a little socket to connect the gimbal to the grip. when i connected my CGO3+ to it, it stabilised but i couldnt connect my phone to it. am i doing something wrong, or is the gimbal wrong??
If you are having trouble using the gopro gimbal, there is a problem with your slide connector. Your tabs/terminals are probably bent. Try using the short adapter wire and connect between the gimbal and the Steadygrip.

Last edited:
i did not see any on ebay with pins on the slide connector just ones with the connector without pins and some with a cover on the slide connector
If there is rubber covering the area where the slide connector should be.....
It "the rubber covet" is there because it has a slide connector under it, that it is protecting.
Buy the ones with a rubber cover there because it does have a slide connector under it.

Last edited:
This is my grip

its got a plug on it to connect the gopro gimbal. I don't have a gopro to test it but when i turn it on (with the gopro gimbal) it makes an awful noise.
I always thought that the wifi was in the camera so the grip shouldn't make any difference.
the main LED is now flashing red, apparently that means its run out of battery (is that because its not designed to run the camera as well?)
I have tried it on several phones but its just not finding the wifi network for the camera, i read that there could be an issue with the version of the CGo3+ camera or maybe its a problem with my phone.
would appreciate if i could get this sorted, as i need to use this for an event in about a months time.

The noise is probably from the gimbal because the camera is not mounted. It needs the added weight for balance.
The original mount used on the Q500 for the GoPro used an MK58 to transmit the video to the controller. You cannot get any video connection without a camera.

Yes that makes sense, but i want to know if i can use the same grip with my CGO3+ from my Typhoon H?
Everything works fine apart from that i cannot find the CGO3+'s wifi network on my phone. its searching but it can'd find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval