Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03 vs CG03+ update bought the plus

Reaction score
BOUGHT THE CG03+

Simple really, I need a replacement for my typhoon H bird. I am a hobbyist. But realize most of the hype over 4k is useless. 4k TV no 4K programming etc. So my question is not how much better that + makes it. But the CG03 is listed for the Q500. Will it work on the H? Because that little + adds a good bit on the price. And since it is not commercial use. I have no need for it. Can I use it as a direct replacement on my typhoon H?

I did search forums here, tried YouTube and Google too. Not found it broached anywhere. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
The main difference between the CGO3 and CGO3+ is the 360° gimbal of the 3+. The camera itself is more or less the same. There are a few differences on the internal parts but sensor, processor and lens are identical. The CGO3 still has a 3-axis gimbal but it can only turn about 45° left and right.

The CGO3 is working on the Typhoon H if you get the version with the contact plates. There is no connector for the wire on the H so you will not be able to connect it the way you did on the older Q500 versions. Modifying a "non contact plate version" to a "contact plate version" is pretty simple but you need a contact plate of a broken CGO3+ (like I did) or the original part.

Tilt is working when mounted on the Typhoon H while pan is not.

Yes, you can replace the CGO3+ with the CGO3. The ST16 will claim a too old Firmware, but this can just be ignored.

Disadvantage: No more 360° pan. Tasks (like orbit, POI etc.) will not working anymore, sensor files will be empty, no gimbal calibration, no updates for camera & gimbal (except manual with SD card).
Advantage: Faster connection to WLAN.

CGO3 is also a 4K camera but you can set lower resolution.

br HE

Thanks for the replies. As I basically use FPV anyway i could live with out panning. Guess look and see what mods I can find. See if the effort is less than the money. Looks like might be best to just spend the 279.

do not forget not just NO 360 degree rotation but ZERO rotation control.

the cg03 will use its gimbal to keep cam level, YOU are now responsible for ALL left/right/up/down of the cam, just like on the q500 4k, the copter does the panning of cam.

use the smart mode for smoother pans and such, but unlike the q500, you may get the hexarms in picture, the quad never did, the slight advantage of non hex, but lose a single motor & BOOM.

GL!

do not forget not just NO 360 degree rotation but ZERO rotation control.

the cg03 will use its gimbal to keep cam level, YOU are now responsible for ALL left/right/up/down of the cam, just like on the q500 4k, the copter does the panning of cam.

use the smart mode for smoother pans and such, but unlike the q500, you may get the hexarms in picture, the quad never did, the slight advantage of non hex, but lose a single motor & BOOM.

GL!

Thanks for the reply. I just bought another CG03+ camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder