Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO2+ app for android not availible on app store?

Reaction score
Phone died, need new CGO2 app and it is not available on app store. Do i have a $500.00 camera I can only use on my drone?

My phone has just CGO app and it works with my CGO3+. I also can change cameras setting fron the phone as well. The page below has multiple apps for the CGO cameras. One of them has to work.
CGO3 - Android Apps on Google Play

Last edited:
Interesting to note, that this app was recently updated to version 0067 in January 2018... the previous version 0062 from November 2016, did not work for many users/devices. I, like many others, had to install an older version of the APK file. Has anyone installed this new version for the CGO3+? Most importantly to me (and at this point the only reason I would try to change versions), how is the lag time?

If you have installed this current version successfully please list below, both the brand/model of the tablet/smartphone you use and the lag time of the feed from what happens in real time to what you see on your display.

I have the 0067 version and I also own the CGO3+ and they do work together.
My phone is a SAMSUNG SM-G900V. The lag time is intermittent and pauses for .5 seconds every now and then and if you use this properly the time lag should be irrelevant. It should be used only for sharing live video for a bystander like sons, daughters, or grand babies.

Thunder Chicken, this app is primarily designed for use with the handheld SteadyGrip and Action Grip as a direct live feed to the viewing device being used with the grip, not as a secondary feed to a bystander. As a primary live feed, lag time is quite important, particularly for handheld shots.

However if the new version has reduced the lag to 0.5 second, that is a significant improvement to justify updating. :)

Last edited:
Thunder Chicken, this app is primarily designed for use with the handheld SteadyGrip and Action Grip as a direct live feed to the viewing device being used with the grip, not as a secondary feed to a bystander. As a primary live feed, lag time is quite significant.

However if the new version has reduced the lag to 0.5 second, that is a significant improvement to justify updating. :)
I don't have the steady grip and the only reason I wanted to share the video live is so my grand babies could watch and wouldn't get bored. Other than that it doesn't make any difference to me. If you live in a box you will never think outside of it.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate your feedback... it is encouraging. :)

No harm, no foul here.

Do you think it's possible to get a working cgo2 app download from somewhere? I mean if it don't exist can I ask why anybody ever bought one and why would anybody but any product from a company that can't make their product work?

Do you think it's possible to get a working cgo2 app download from somewhere? I mean if it don't exist can I ask why anybody ever bought one and why would anybody but any product from a company that can't make their product work?
The CGO2 is well over 5 years old and the app has been dropped from both iOS and Android app stores. You may be able to find the Android version on an apk archive site.

Not sure if this will work. It may not work at all on any newer version of Android.

I have 2 older Samsung tablets that have the CGO2+ app on both of them and they work just fine with the Steadygrip. I will have to check to see the file version and if the APK file is still on the tablets. I think that Google Play now deletes the APK file after the app installs on your device. But, if you have the APK file it is very easy to "sideload" the file to a device that is android. Run a Google search for How to sideload a APK file and many results will show. But, make sure you trust who you get an APK file from. One can also kindly ask Yuneec support and someone might be willing to help you out. I'm sure they have this on one of their FTP sites.

I did get around to check the tabs and they each have the CGO2+ app on them. But, I couldn't find the APK file for the app anywhere on the tablets. Either I'm not seeing it or Google Play deletes the APK file on tablets after the app successfully installs. Once again, this is the CGO2+ app and not the older CGO2.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval