Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ Camara

Reaction score
I have a question if someone could help. When I am filming the video feed from the camera to st16 is nice and clear. But when I play it back on the controller it is glitchy. Is there a problem or am doing something wrong when recording. I haven't done any playback with sd card in my computer. Any answers on this.
Thanks.

That's normal. It's the signal from the camera and it can suffer from interference. The SD card video is not affected.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I have a question if someone could help. When I am filming the video feed from the camera to st16 is nice and clear. But when I play it back on the controller it is glitchy. Is there a problem or am doing something wrong when recording. I haven't done any playback with sd card in my computer. Any answers on this.
Thanks.
You are doing nothing wrong. The video file on the ST16 is, essentially, for reference purposes or to provide some video evidence of a problem should your aircraft crash in a way that the card in the camera isn't recoverable. Also a means to confirm that you've got the shot you are looking for without having to land the aircraft and take the card out of the camera...but not to be seen as a usable video beyond that. The resolution is at 720 and will be glitchy. The file to be used for editing and displaying to anyone that want's to see a good video is on the card in the camera. :)

Thank you.
You guys rock. This forum is the best place to come for information. I have learned a lot so far. The Typhoon h really is amazing technology. It has a lot to offer.

Reactions: JackMTaco
The purpose of recording photos and videos to the ST-16 is something frequently misunderstood.

The ST-16 cannot store a large volume of image data as the memory storage for that function is very limited. The system continuously overwrites old image files with new as capacity is achieved.

The ST-16 image files are lower resolution than what is recorded on the camera’s SD card. The SD card files are what is intended to be used for “production” purposes while the files on the ST-16 are present for quick, general review to assist scene framing, establishing the intended scene capture met objectives before moving on to the next scene, review lighting, etc., without having to remove the SD card for playback review. Essentially the ST-16 imagery files act more as a photographer’s assistant that expedites the work flow, not a final product grading feature.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how far I'm going to go with shooting video. So far I've just been flying for fun. I am learning and practicing new flying techniques. It's definitely a blast no matter what.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I'm not sure how far I'm going to go with shooting video. So far I've just been flying for fun. I am learning and practicing new flying techniques. It's definitely a blast no matter what.

With time you will make beautiful videos.
Keith Kuhn

I love flying the H. Probably the most stable bird in my group. Switching back and forth between different drones the different FOV of the cameras takes getting used to as two shots from the exact same location will be markedly different.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Yes I know what you mean. I also fly a Tello, and I just got a Bugs4W with a 2k camera. The all have different characteristics. It's fun playing around with the different settings.

I love flying the H. Probably the most stable bird in my group. Switching back and forth between different drones the different FOV of the cameras takes getting used to as two shots from the exact same location will be markedly different.
You can say that again, I have an H two Solo's one with Go Pro 4 one with 3 and a phantom 4 advanced and all have different FOVs and quality.

You can say that again, I have an H two Solo's one with Go Pro 4 one with 3 and a phantom 4 advanced and all have different FOVs and quality.

I did a "look at me" set of pics with an Air and a Karma facing each other in the air. Comparing the two sets of pictures you would have thought that one was at about 20 feet and the other was at about 50. IIRC the pic from the Air looked much closer compared to the pic from the Karma. You also have to take into account that the Karma is about 3x larger.

I really want the Q500. One of my friends has one. I like way it flys. Real smooth and stable. It doesn't put out much noise from the props. I'm looking at the 4K model.

I really want the Q500. One of my friends has one. I like way it flys. Real smooth and stable. It doesn't put out much noise from the props. I'm looking at the 4K model.

I had one before I got my first H. Having had both and having flown both I would go with the H over the Q500. If you shop around you can get them for about the same amount of money and you get some additional functions with the H. Both are huge drones, but the H is actually more compact when folded up.

Yep. I was thinking about DJI. The Tello is really amazing for what it is. But I think im staying with Yuneec. Ater 3 crashes and fixes. I'm still amazed with my Typhoon H. It's a great flyer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval