Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 camera has solid red LED

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum.
A few days ago I received my Typhoon Q500 4K drone.
After starting up the ST10+ could not connect the camera. Also the wifi connection doesn't work (blinking wifi sign).
On the camera the LED glows solid red.
This status is not documented.
Can someone help me solve this problem?

If its brand new why would you not call Yuneec? I think you might have a dead wifi board on that camera so i would call them to see what can be done.

Hello, I am new to this forum.
A few days ago I received my Typhoon Q500 4K drone.
After starting up the ST10+ could not connect the camera. Also the wifi connection doesn't work (blinking wifi sign).
On the camera the LED glows solid red.
This status is not documented.
Can someone help me solve this problem?

check:

• is a Micro-SD-Card in your CGO3, if yes, remove it and test again
  • is your CGO3 connected with a separated wiring or with the new 3-PIN-Connector ? check the PINs
  • start the copter with your CGO3 without your ST10+, still solid red on the CGO3 ?

If its brand new why would you not call Yuneec? I think you might have a dead wifi board on that camera so i would call them to see what can be done.
I already sent them an e-mail. The solid red glowing LED is not documented. And maby someone knows what it means. Thanks for your reaction.

check:

• is a Micro-SD-Card in your CGO3, if yes, remove it and test again
  • is your CGO3 connected with a separated wiring or with the new 3-PIN-Connector ? check the PINs
  • start the copter with your CGO3 without your ST10+, still solid red on the CGO3 ?
I already did a test with and without the Micro SD-card. Always a red light.
The camera is with the 3 pin connector.
Starting without the ST10+, still a red light on the camera. Think is broken.
On Monday I going to contact Yuneec. The should sent me a replacement for the camera (I hope).

Well, that's a long story. If I understand it well, I have to copy the bin file to the micro SD card and change the name to a higher version number. And than start the camera with the SD card installed.
Because I live in Europe, I used the file cgo3gb_2.4.00_E_firmware.bin and renamed it to cgo3gb_2.5.00_E_firmware.bin
I started the camera with this file on the SD card. No success. LED stay solid red (waited for 5 minutes).
Yuneec told me to send the camera to them for a technical check. Tomorrow I going to do that.
Thanks for your advise and help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval