Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 camera not tilting

Reaction score
Hi,

My CGO3 camera is not tilting when using my Q500 but it is working on my handgrip. I have replaced the ST10+ with a new one and still the same issue. Any idea anyone? All firmware are updated...

Thank you for your assistance!

Hi,
My CGO3 camera is not tilting when using my Q500 but it is working on my handgrip. I have replaced the ST10+ with a new one and still the same issue. Any idea anyone? All firmware are updated...
Thank you for your assistance!
Are you using the connector cable from the camera to the Q500?

My first guess would be a problem with the cable, but I assume you are using the same cable with the SteadyGrip. That would leave only the connection at the Q500 as the problem. Inspect the pins carefully to see if they look proper. Nothing broken or bent.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't use the cable on the steady grid and the camera is tilting no problem. Also, I have done a continuity test on the cable itself and all the pins are good. This was an excellent idea but unfortunately did not fix the problem. I am hoping the re is a work around...

Thank you all for your help.

Thanks for the reply.
I don't use the cable on the steady grid and the camera is tilting no problem. Also, I have done a continuity test on the cable itself and all the pins are good. This was an excellent idea but unfortunately did not fix the problem. I am hoping the re is a work around...
Thank you all for your help.
If it still doesn't work with the cable on the Q500 then the problem is inside the Q. There are a couple of different configurations depending on the age of the Q. The ones below were from mine. Pic 1 is the top of the connector and Pic 2 is where the blue and white wires connect to the control board.

CamConnect1.jpg CamConnect2.jpg

Hi Steve...Thank you very much for take the time to help me with this problem. I have verified all 3 wires going to the gimbal and there is nothing going out of the white wire even if I rotate the button. ( Attached photo). The photo you sent has an extra wire, the blue one, I suspect that you have a CGO3+ camera.

I am not sure if you have seen this problem before but at this point I highly suspect the main board.

Please let me know what you think..

Attachments

• Drone Main board.jpg
    Drone Main board.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 30
there is nothing going out of the white wire even if I rotate the button.
I'm not certain what type of signal is going out on that wire. Might need an O-scope to determine that. I think the tilt signal is sent over the 2.4 GHz control and then converted to an analog signal for the tilt servo. So it could be the main board or the wiring from the board to the connector on the bottom of the Q. The tilt control output is recorded in the telemetry for the controller but not for the Q so I don't know of a method to verify the signal. Since you tried a second ST10 then it only leaves the Q as the source of the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval