Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 connection problem

Reaction score
I have finally managed to register all of my typhoon H, the other day I tried it and the only thing I observed is that the basket did not rise more than a few degrees above the horizontal ... but it connected ... today I tried it again and the guimbal responds perfectly to the orders of the st-16 but does not get to connect the images. I know that it is always very slow to connect, but today it is impossible. I don't think it is a fault, but why does it have so much connection failure? Is there any method you have to speed up the connections, both of the drone and the camera with the st-16 station?

... does not get to connect the images. I know that it is always very slow to connect, but today it is impossible. I don't think it is a fault, but why does it have so much connection failure? Is there any method you have to speed up the connections, both of the drone and the camera with the st-16 station?
The first step in diagnosing the slow or failed connection would be to determine if the failure is in the camera or if the failure is in the controller. Have you tried to connect the camera to another device such as a smartphone or different controller?
Someone like @h-elsner or @DoomMeister may be able to comment on the differences between US and EU firmware that seem to lead to delays in connecting with EU firmware.

The first step in diagnosing the slow or failed connection would be to determine if the failure is in the camera or if the failure is in the controller. Have you tried to connect the camera to another device such as a smartphone or different controller?
Someone like @h-elsner or @DoomMeister may be able to comment on the differences between US and EU firmware that seem to lead to delays in connecting with EU firmware.
hi i'm in europe, is that why the software is wrong? I did not know that I could connect to another device, such as a phone, how is it done?

why the software is wrong?
Your software is OK, don't worry. Read the whole document, everything is explained very well. For 5 or 6 radars is not a reasonable solution to close 300 MHz or more only for them. Radio spectrum is a commercial thing, so who pays more, he/she has privileges.
The DFS procedure itself takes a minute to listen to the air. After that, the unit monitors the air and moves if this is necessary. Maximum output power is slightly limited, but the thermal load situation in the camera is better.

So, the difference is a minute or so. Negligible, when you're waiting for satellites and a good GPS fix.

I did not know that I could connect to another device, such as a phone, how is it done?
The APP needed to view on your phone is "CGo3". The APP is hard to find if you do not already have it, and it is not compatible with most new phones.
I would recommend using "VLC" to connect the camera to your PC screen. Refer to Attachment 65 (View Camera on PC via WIFI) in the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project

@Zanderi
To check the connectivity issues with a phone or PC it has to have 5GHz WiFi capability (802.11a or 802.11ac). VLC is a good option on a PC for viewing the video feed. On an iPhone you can use the CGO app from Yuneec ( ‎CGO ) or IPCams ( ‎IPCams - IP Camera Viewer ).
For an Android based phone try going to CGO3 update version history for Android - APK Download and find a version that works properly on your phone. For my Fire7 tablet it took v0.1.0.0057, but it takes trial and error to find the one that works with your system.

To test your ST16 go into Pad mode, Settings, WiFi, select a SSID that is known to be a 5GHz WiFi access point, connect to it, then back out of WiFi settings and open the browser and open a website. If you are able to do this then the WiFi module is working in the ST16.

@Vaklin is correct about the European version of the firmware taking at least a minute in most cases to connect to the ST16. The firmware that differs between Europe and the USA is the camera firmware.

[USUARIO=26842]@Zanderi[/USUARIO]
Para comprobar los problemas de conectividad con un teléfono o PC, debe tener capacidad WiFi de 5 GHz (802.11a o 802.11ac). VLC es una buena opción en una PC para ver el video. En un iPhone, puede usar la aplicación CGO de Yuneec ( ‎CGO ) o IPCams ( ‎IPCams - IP Camera Viewer ).
Para un teléfono basado en Android, intente ir al historial de versiones de actualización de CGO3 para Android - Descargar APK y encuentre una versión que funcione correctamente en su teléfono. Para mi tableta Fire7 tomó v0.1.0.0057, pero se necesita prueba y error para encontrar el que funciona con su sistema.

Para probar su ST16, vaya al modo Pad, Configuración, WiFi, seleccione un SSID que se sepa que es un punto de acceso WiFi de 5 GHz, conéctese a él, luego vuelva a salir de la configuración de WiFi y abra el navegador y abra un sitio web. Si puede hacer esto, entonces el módulo WiFi está funcionando en el ST16.

@Vaklin tiene razón acerca de que la versión europea del firmware tarda al menos un minuto en la mayoría de los casos en conectarse al ST16. El firmware que difiere entre Europa y EE. UU. es el firmware de la cámara.
Good morning, unfortunately I haven't been able to work with my yuneec for a while, but I'm still in the same situation. I have verified that it connects the st16 to the home wifi, and I have downloaded the cog3 app and for a moment the camera wifi appeared on my smartphone and I saw it in the app, but when I restarted it disappeared again. At that moment the camera reappeared in the list of st16, in orange, but without seeing images, and later it began to make noise, which I will try to upload in the video. Definitely the camera no longer appears in the bind list and the aircraft model is in orange.
Unfortunately, it won't let me upload any video or audio files, but it's a choppy period often and very annoying. Could you also tell me where to find updates for the European H and which one is the most current?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval