Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGo3+ Geotagging

WOW ! jUST .. WOW - I want to know all of that :) ... Unfortunately we've had more snow and wind in the last 3 weeks than in all of March.
I'm confused - did you use the H+ for this, or a different drone ? How did you get the 920 app running on your controller ? That's really good work. I'm assuming this is your new H480 ?? And thank you for this - I will be trying it.

For me this would be great if I could do it with the CGO ET ... Then I could map solar farms. Even with a low end camera, being able to stitch them together would be amazing.

I've used stock H480 and ST16. H480 have the same flight controller as H920 so i've just duplicated H920 model on ST16, choose it and bind with aircraft. From now you got Waypoint mode under Task/Camera menu - i call it H920 app.

I'll be working on tutorial and safe workflow for "Waypoints mode" for H480, for now i've lost my last battery and waiting for new ones from China :(

For now consider flying with Waypoint mode as NOT SAFE and do not try this with your H480.

For me most dangerous part is when you switch between Waypoint mode and normal mode when airborn - you will be disconected from aircraft for about 2 second. Aircraft will keep the position and after 2 second you have control. I've switched many times in air and nothing bad happened but i'm scared every time i do this.

Another part of this is the camera control, after you start waypoint mission you have no camera control or it's limited to what you've set in mission settings - pressing camera buttons during mission is sending info to CGO4 so your CGO3+ won't respond. So the issue is you have to set camera and start recording / timelapse before you switch to Waypoint mode.

You can use CGO-ET camera for this for sure.

As i said before please do not try this with your drone - flying H480 as H920 is not "supported" by Yuneec and they've never said it's possible not talking about safe.
As soon as i got new batteries i'll do ultimate mapping tutorial for H480, for now i suggest using UAV Toolbox - great APP tested by many pilots.

Stay safe and have a nice day.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33