Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Gimbal Damper Alternatives

Yuneec Skins

The Yuneec Parts Guy
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Website
yuneecskins.com
I have been diligently searching for Alternatives for many of the Parts that are no longer Available in the USA, and anywhere else for that matter.
Problem is everyone wants the Original Retainer Pins, but Yuneec never made retainer pins for the original CGO3+. The Pins supplied with the later CGO3+ Cameras are actually the Pins for the Cgo2 Cameras, now Owners are wanting the Pins for the CGO3 Dampers.
I have 3 Odd Ball longer pins that would work but that's all, and they are really flimsy, I have looked thru over 100 damaged CGO3 Cameras and none have Retainer Pins, they were never Supplied with them. This is what I have come up with for a Fix.

Attachments

• CGO3+ Rubber Dampers 10.1.png
    CGO3+ Rubber Dampers 10.1.png
    940.6 KB · Views: 49
  • CGO3+ Altenative Retainer Pins 10.00.png
    CGO3+ Altenative Retainer Pins 10.00.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • CGO3+ Altenative Retainer Pins 10.0.png
    CGO3+ Altenative Retainer Pins 10.0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been diligently searching for Alternatives for many of the Parts that are no longer Available in the USA, and anywhere else for that matter.
Problem is everyone wants the Original Retainer Pins, but Yuneec never made retainer pins for the CGO3+, the Pins supplied with the later CGO3+ Cameras are actually the Pins for the Cgo2 Cameras, now Owners are wanting the Pins for the CGO3 Dampers.
I have 3 Odd Ball longer pins that would work but that's all, and they are really flimsy, I have looked thru over 100 damaged CGO3 Cameras and none have Retainer Pins, they were never Supplied with them. this is what I have come up with for a Fix.
Very good idea John. I like the idea of having some sort of a safety backup in the event of a hard knick. What I am wondering is would a nylon bolt be less susceptible to vibration and lighter that steel?
Just my two cents.
Mike

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuneec Skins
I'm sourcing a Nylon Bolt, I wish I had time to do a Test Fly to see how the set-up works, but I'm buried in Orders & Repairs, not to mention it's been 100+ degrees here....;)

Reactions: Mike Irish
I have 3 Odd Ball longer pins
How long are these pins? I have been looking for longer pins for a long time. You might find the following interesting.

My Typhoon H480 Pro (factory referb) came with with CGO2 dampers and two Retainer pins installed.

My H Plus came with gel-filled dampers, but they included one Retainer pin which was longer than the two pins that came with my 480, and it was not installed, it came in a separate spare parts bag along with one CGO3 damper to use with it.

I have converted all my C23 dampers from gel to foam and in so doing have created the ability to use the longer Retainer pins because I cut the ends out of originals to get the foam in. But I have not been able to find them anywhere.

BTW/FYI, I did a lot of testing with dampers on the H Plus/C23, and even though the C23 damper and the CGO3 dampers look to be the same profile, once the gel is removed from the C23 damper its characteristics are very different than that of the CGO3 damper. The empty C23 damper is much more flexible than the CGO3 damper, and extends about 15~20% farther when stretched. With foam filling the C23 damper is firm, yet very compliant, mimicking the compliance of the gel but with more control, and without the stretching and leaking, while the CGO3 damper with foam is pretty stiff and could cause jello or vibration. I sold my H480 before I could try foam filled C23 dampers on it, I think they might have been a good thing, but I will never know unless someone tries it.

Anyone interested in the conversion can check it out here.
C23/E90 Dampener Upgrade Mod

Hi guys,

I have finally sold my h520 and bought a second hand Typhoon H instead.

When I got it from a backpack it was shipped in I found that the GCO3+ was just hanging by one damper only. I connected them back. However now I see that one anti drop pin is broken and only the second one that has kept the camera attached to the top plate is ok.

That's why it did not disconnect in the first place.

I know about a method to use a floss or zip tie to substitube for the pin but I want an original solution.

The question is has anybody tried to use similar pins for DJI phantom 3 At least they cost nothing($12-13 for the set of 4/6 with 4/6 dampers) and I can get them locally.

The original ones seem to be available on Aliexpress but it will take weeks to get them delivered.

Theoretically I can risk $13, buy them and check but I am afraid if they are not suitable due to their size I will have to source the right ones again and wait for them to be delivered.

There are few available on ebay, some specify all sizes but some tell only a size of a damper.

For what its worth. I found a pattern online for a 3D printer to replicate the original pins and washer type part that goes at the end.
I dont have a printer, but my 16 year old nephew does, and is shipping a set to me to try out.
Im happy to link the pattern for the printer if Im allowed and if it helps.

For what its worth. I found a pattern online for a 3D printer to replicate the original pins and washer type part that goes at the end.
I dont have a printer, but my 16 year old nephew does, and is shipping a set to me to try out.
Im happy to link the pattern for the printer if Im allowed and if it helps.
Thanks for the offer. I have had a chat with Haydn and he convinced me they're kind of pointless. The best would be to use a floss or fishing line. I already put zip tie before I talked to him. I will leave it for now.
in case you do not know Haydn's business is an official distributor for Yuneec in Australia.

Reactions: Seachange01
Thanks for the offer. I have had a chat with Haydn and he convinced me they're kind of pointless. The best would be to use a floss or fishing line. I already put zip tie before I talked to him. I will leave it for now.
in case you do not know Haydn's business is an official distributor for Yuneec in Australia.
Hi Wingman :)
Totally cool. I didn't know that Haydn is from Australia, actually... I don't even know who Haydn is lol. I now live in SoCal, but am an Aussie who moved here when I was 41 for my wife when we got married 10 years ago. I've been living here ever since. I couldn't get my crazy American wife to come and live over there lol.
Anyway, all good. I currently have 2 cable ties (might be just an Aussie name for zip tie I think) that hold my camera unit together until my pins arrive sometime next week. It's been fine so far.
All the best,
Alan

Attachments

• Cable ties for now.jpg
    Cable ties for now.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member