Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ lens swap out

Reaction score
Screen shot 2016-06-04 at 10.30.38 AM.png IMG_1131.JPG

There has been some discussion about the lens on the H being a bit to wide for some peoples taste. One work around would be to shoot everything in 4K, then in post zoom into the footage to get the desired field of view. Thing is,I think you would be limited to the max frame rate in 4K and not being able to shoot @ 60 or 120FPS.

The other option is a straight swap out of the CGO3+ stock lens with a lens of a narrower focal length. Say 4.35 or 5.4MM. I have done this on GoPros and it afforded me the field of view I wanted. As just about ever manufacturer of these 1/2.5 CMOS sensor sized cameras use readily available M12 mount lenses,I see no reason that Yuneec has not done the same.

It appears that in order to gain access to the CGO3+ stock lens you need to remove the cameras shell via 8 screws which will reveal the lens,sensor board and antenna.It looks to me to be a pretty straight forward process. My only concern being what type of glue Yuneec used to hold the lens in place once they screwed it in and focused it at the factory.

Reactions: Forrestt
By the way, who did you buy your lens from if you dont mind me asking? Is the lens in our CG03+ camera an ir cut or is there a separate filter? Thanks

By the way, who did you buy your lens from if you dont mind me asking? Is the lens in our CG03+ camera an ir cut or is there a separate filter? Thanks
The lens I would like to install is a 4.35MM one I got from a company called Gitup. I haven't installed just yet as I am playing with the H today.

Reactions: Forrestt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval