Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ lens

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

A while back, I had my Typhoon H exchanged for a new unit and I have noticed that the lens on my CGO3+ has much wider field of view than on my old camera. I asked Yuneec about that and they told me that the first models of Typhoon H had their CGO3+ with a 98' lens mounted but now they put a 115' lens on it.

I have checked official yuneec internet pages and I see this:

US (Typhoon H Specs) - 98'
UK (Typhoon H - Specs - Yuneec) - 94'
Germany (Typhoon H | Daten - Kamera Drohnen | Einzigartige Aufnahmen in 4K Ultra HD) - 94'
Spain (Typhoon H - Datos - Yuneec) - 94'
France (Typhoon H - Données - Yuneec) - 94'
Italy (Typhoon H - Dati - Yuneec) - 94'
Nederlands (Typhoon H - Gegevens - Yuneec) - 94'
Russia (Typhoon H - Спецификации - Yuneec) - 94'

As you see, majority shows that the lens is 94', but NONE says 115'... Does anyone know how to explain that?
I am asking, because I strongly prefered the narrower lens and it surprises me that there isn't a one solid answer for that.

Looking to buy my first H, I have been scouring the UK and Europe for one factory-fitted with a glass sub 100 degree lens but all I could find was the 115. I've just checked again and suddenly, the 94 lens is back on all H models on the Yuneec EU website - although their UK website is still only offering the 115.

I'm now looking for footage examples with the 94 lens. Do you know of any?

If you use the magnifying glass at the top right of each page, it will do a forum search only.
Do a search on "LENS"
My original H480 had a 115 degree lens, now has a 98 degree. Shame they don't offer a fixed adjustable 0-1.5X zoom lens.

Thanks - I managed to answer my own question and forgot that I had left it hanging. The answer is that Brits can buy a UK model from the UK with 115˚ or from the Yuneec Europe website with a 94˚ lens.

Also just announced is a new 91˚ 20MP lens in the new H Plus, available from March.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval