Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ over exposure issues after Pix Aero installation

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is already somewhere else on here but I can't find any other references.....

I recently had a Pix Aero 3.77 lens fitted to my cgo3+ camera. Unfortunately now whenever there is an area of the image that is over exposed the camera doesn't seem to collect any data, it just produces an area of white with red stripey lines. I have no idea what this could be, I have tried all different settings and it does it with anything up to ND16 filter on.

I have attached a link to a video on onedrive below to show what I mean. The video was recorded in manual as this is how I always film so that I can lock the exposure in. Settings were ND4, ISO 100, and you can see how I adjust shutter speed to compensate. I have tried re-setting the camera through ST16 and re-binfing etc but nothing works.

Any advice is really appreciated.

Thanks

ND 4 Manual - ISO 100 - Shutter speed adjustments only

Does this happen when a filter is not used?

I use the 3.77 as well and have never seen this before, even when using Polar Pro filters. Like you I use manual settings for ISO, shutter, and EV, and have at times blown own video and photos similar and much worse. It's possible your camera is not processing the data correctly, but I'm certainly not a camera expert. Also possible are the filters are defective, or the lens has some manufacturing defect. I don't know enough about the internal construction of a lens or camera to guess one way or the other.

The most prominent issue I've had with the Polar Pros is what I call "light blooming" at the top center of a photo when I've tried the filters when shooting still images. Essentially the upper center of the image will be over exposed. This can happen even when shooting with the sun at your back.

Thanks for the reply. It happens regardless of using a filter or not. I've used the same filters previously on the stock lens and not had an issue so I don't think it's to do with the filters.

Someone else suggested maybe a sensor issue but it seems to take video and photo fine as long as there isn't an over exposed area.

I'm hoping it's something simple! But knowing my luck, unlikely.

That is the exact same thing! I take it you didn't have the pix aero in then?

I imagine they will say my warranty is void! I will try though just in case.

Sad to hear it looks like a camera fault though!

I had the original lens. I suppose it is possible that your camera was damaged during the lens replacement process. It could just be a coincidental failure.

Unfortunately the camera warranty was voided when the PixAero lens was installed but it's well worth calling them up and sending the camera in for repair. That's the risk we accept when we elect to alter a system. Pretty sure the cost will be much, much less than a new camera.

BTW, I stopped using the filters with the PixAero lens. Seems, to me, the PixAero is more sensitive to light variations induced by the filters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech