Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ service question

How did you have your CG03+ focus adjusted?

• Let Yuneec handle it

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Do it yourself

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
After looking at the pictures posted of before/after for focusing the CGO3+, I've concluded that mine does indeed need to be focused. My question is: should I bother with sending it into Yuneec and let them do this since it's still under warranty, or just do it myself and (possibly) void the warranty? I understand that there are better 3rd party lens available and that option is not off the table, but I want to work with what I have first before moving to that option.

For anyone who has sent theirs to Yuneec; how long was it out and did it make a significant enough difference to warrant the wait?

For anyone who focused it themselves; what would be the best setup for this? Did you focus it against something akin to an eye test at a specific distance and is there an optimal light level when doing this?

I hope this question will pull together some useful information for others as well who might be in the same position.

I haven't had the need to focus mine, but I did have to send my camera into Yuneec for service. So far it's been gone two weeks and I haven't heard a word from them and they are of no help when I call. So I'm planning on it being gone a month at best, but I have a feeling it will be longer. I've watched the videos on focusing the camera and it looks simple enough if you are comfortable opening the camera and doing this type of work.

I haven't had the need to focus mine, but I did have to send my camera into Yuneec for service. So far it's been gone two weeks and I haven't heard a word from them and they are of no help when I call. So I'm planning on it being gone a month at best, but I have a feeling it will be longer. I've watched the videos on focusing the camera and it looks simple enough if you are comfortable opening the camera and doing this type of work.

Yikes - I hope that's an exception and not the norm.

2 of us from RC Drohnen Forum here in germany were sending our cams to Yuneec Germany, and we got more worse and more unsharpen cameras back.
The cams that we've got were not new, seems like cams from others who sended theirs in.
Totally bad service.

I had a different issue with my camera, vertical black lines in the highlights. They did a quick turnaround but did not fix the problem. They agreed to do a cross ship with a new one. Could not talk them into paying for expedited shipping. Sent it off today. Hope the new one is as sharp as the original. It was one of the best I have seen.

Has there been any official statement from Yuneec about voiding warranties for simply re-focusing? And, does doing so affect the warranty of the rest of the hex?

no. 4 replacement was fine...they don't focus...they change the complete cam....

yunnec, please with next bird, better take some more money BUT! make a quality test, make your software open and give flight controller gui and give a camera which works better at all. put the SD-Card-slot at a place we can easy use it, its all time a little horror you must take the Whole bird on the back and then fiddle the card out and hope the cam don't jump away...

I had a different issue with my camera, vertical black lines in the highlights. They did a quick turnaround but did not fix the problem. They agreed to do a cross ship with a new one. Could not talk them into paying for expedited shipping. Sent it off today. Hope the new one is as sharp as the original. It was one of the best I have seen.
My very first camera was like that. Other than thevlines it was very sharp. Hmmm.... i wonder if they gave you my camera. They do recycle them :)

Reactions: lordbrummi
so i am wondering what is the best approach dealing with yuneec cs.....this is the second time my camera has been in for service...first time they did NOTHING....now its been 3 weeks and the only response i got so far was that it was checked in....I have politely requested an exchange for a new camera with no response.....btw this is all thru email.....so should i call them and demand a new camera?? or do i sit and wait???

so i am wondering what is the best approach dealing with yuneec cs.....this is the second time my camera has been in for service...first time they did NOTHING....now its been 3 weeks and the only response i got so far was that it was checked in....I have politely requested an exchange for a new camera with no response.....btw this is all thru email.....so should i call them and demand a new camera?? or do i sit and wait???
I have gotten best response by phone. Never had to wait.

this is the Peau productions lens on the Cgo3+View attachment 2083

Do you have a link to the lens you used? I've seen 2 different Peau lens but wasn't sure which one is best for the CGO3+. BTW that picture quality is awesome. It's what I was hoping for from the CGO3+ when I ordered the H.

Here is a sample from the Peau 3.97 lens on a GoPro3+ (not a CGO3+.) The first is straight from the camera. The second has a bit of contrast and sharpening added.
I find the Peau lens to produce slightly washed out color and contrast. The left edge is slightly soft but this is an issue with the camera. Focus was tuned to get the best average across the image. I could make it sharper in the center but it would be softer on the edges. The corners have a pinkish cast. This is due to a profile that GoPro uses in their camera. Peau offers a firmware solution to eliminate the pink corners on the GoPro. This would not be an issue on the CGO3+.
Peau3.97.JPG Peau3.97edited.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval