Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ strange gimbal movements...

Reaction score
Hi!

Let someone experienced with these cameras share some knowledge. Especially the gimbal, for which I'm asking, was prepared from a combination of parts from other crashed cameras. All parts are in visual working order, the camera itself works, but the gimbal moves continuously after initialization. No beeps or other errors. Because the possible cause can be the mainboard, the IMU, the encoders, and so on, I'm asking for an analyzing guide on what can be wrong, depending on the gimbal behavior. For example. if the IMU is not calibrated, the camera moves in this way, if the position sensor is defective, this happens, and so on.

I well know this is a business for some guys here. I don't want to ruin it. Just want to say, some people prefer to DIY all things. The same people help the rest, without expecting some profit. So, the topic doesn't point to the great masters, just to non-professionals and amateurs.

Regards!

The absence of failure codes means you did the work correctly, and the parts seem in working order.
But if the the IMU and the gimbal board were from different cameras, the two will need to be calibrated to each other to work together.
The same can be true for the motors/encoders/gimbal board, but they do sometimes work without calibration.
Sometimes the gimbal board itself needs internal calibration, but if your board came from a previously working camera, that is not likely.

Reactions: Tazmanic
Thank you!

Is there any possibility to check the components via UART? Motors, encoders, zero point of the magnets etc.

And again to ask, what should be the reason for spinning movements in all three axes?

Thank you!

Is there any possibility to check the components via UART? Motors, encoders, zero point of the magnets etc.

And again to ask, what should be the reason for spinning movements in all three axes?
"Is there any possibility to check the components via UART"
None I know of. I have spent many hours trying to adjust zero points of the magnets. Only a few times did I find success, and that was when only one had been changed. If you see movement on one axis, it does not so often mean the issue is with the magnet of that axis. Movement of the Yaw axis is often a problem with the magnet position of the Roll axis, and the reverse. Less often, problems with the pitch axis becomes involved with movement of the other two. And if the real problem is with IMU and/or mainboard, it can look the same, and frustration becomes abundant.

"what should be the reason for spinning movements in all three axes?"
I am sorry, but the possibilities are almost endless. How the camera moves not only depends on what is out of calibration, but to the degree the calibration is off. And with a camera built from parts from more than one camera, it is almost certain there is more than one calibration that is off. I know of no guide to diagnose.
If you can match an IMU with it's original gimbal board, you might have a small hope of finding a working solution. A properly matched IMU/gimbal board is capable of some limited tolerance to variations in the other components.
You may want to post a video of the camera's motion.

I'll prepare a video, but after a few days. Thank you!

But there should be some way to diagnose components itself...

I'll prepare a video, but after a few days. Thank you!

But there should be some way to diagnose components itself...
Any luck with this camera? Having same issues. No crashes, all original. Put it away last fall, started it up a week ago, doing the out of control motions ypu described.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech