Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cgo3+ upgrade

Reaction score
I wonder if it would be possible to change out the camera guts of the cgo3+. Like the sensor and lens. I know the lens can be replaced but what if a more powerful sensor was installed.

Bill W.

Wow....im convinced....what a great argument....lol.

Bill W.

Trust me its not possible the time you will spend and money trying and doing it it would be a cheaper just to buy a Autel X-Star ( which has the best sensor and lens ) or move up to a X5 M43 camera

I wonder if it would be possible to change out the camera guts of the cgo3+. Like the sensor and lens. I know the lens can be replaced but what if a more powerful sensor was installed.

Bill W.

The sensor in the Typhoon is about as good as you can get for the size.
It is a Sony sensor and the same as the Phantom Series.
Even the lens is basically the same quality of glass as the DJI.
What makes me laugh about people complaining about the quality of the CGO3+ is that you read some of the exact same complaints on the DJI forum.
The grass is always greener on the other side. (No matter how many times you cross the fence...)

Billy if you want bigger better faster then it would be best to build your own platform and build your own camera.

What makes me laugh about people complaining about the quality of the CGO3+ is that you read some of the exact same complaints on the DJI forum.
The grass is always greener on the other side. (No matter how many times you cross the fence...)
The reason why the grass is greener on the other side is that there is more bull sh#$t there.

Trust me its not possible the time you will spend and money trying and doing it it would be a cheaper just to buy a Autel X-Star ( which has the best sensor and lens ) or move up to a X5 M43 camera
I agree with this statement about the Autel. I have the X-Star Premium and it kicks the crap out of the H in EVERY way.

I believe that the CGO3+ already has a pro feature.
When you bind with the copter, it gives you the option to bound to the CGO3+ or the CGO3+ Pro

Reactions: abinder
Drum-roll............"the internet" :) probably means the thermal camera I'm guessing but I'd love to be wrong.

Billy if you want bigger better faster then it would be best to build your own platform and build your own camera.
Yep, I have the platforms (copters), just not the gimbal/camera to match. I have a Tiny2 which works nice (yet still has a few bugs) and is probably the best available for GP, but I bought the H to have a RTF setup with integrated monitor and 360 gimbal. The Tiny2 is not infinite 360.

I also have a 27x zoom for lower resolution surveillance type stuff, but don't use it.

So my question would be which gimbal is the one to get for use with a high quality camera and which camera would be considered pro grade? Could that be done for less than $2000? I doubt it.

Hence for me the H, despite focus issues and lack of $$$ camera, fulfills my needs.

Yep, I have the platforms (copters), just not the gimbal/camera to match. I have a Tiny2 which works nice (yet still has a few bugs) and is probably the best available for GP, but I bought the H to have a RTF setup with integrated monitor and 360 gimbal. The Tiny2 is not infinite 360.

I also have a 27x zoom for lower resolution surveillance type stuff, but don't use it.

So my question would be which gimbal is the one to get for use with a high quality camera and which camera would be considered pro grade? Could that be done for less than $2000? I doubt it.

Hence for me the H, despite focus issues and lack of $$$ camera, fulfills my needs.

Panasonic GH4 - Gremsy 3 - Zenmuse

Sorry David but I have both grasses and the P4 grass is greener. I actually have two Hs and I love the H. So much fun to fly but I agree, as do many others that the factory lens inside the cam is an issue. It's an an optics problem and there are ways to fix this.

If you are handy, there are companies right now developing and have developed replacement lens for the actual CGO3+ camera.

It's sort of funny that I read this as I logged on today because I came on to start a thread that will chronicle my diving into just that. My second unit that I got from Yuneec that has yet to be flown or take a frame of video or a picture, will be used exclusively as a comparison for this company that I trust with optics over most to do my mod. I won't lay it all out here because I am about to start a thread that I will use and keep going back to as we move through the process of changing out the lens.

I will place a link here to that thread once I have created it (it will have much more info than I just gave).

Reactions: BillyTexas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval