Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3 video range

Reaction score
Hello, after testing 2 different CGO3 on my Q500, I've discoverd that video signal is lost at about 120 m. with one cam while it easily reaches 300 m. or more with the other one.
How do you explain this difference ? How can we get best video range?
Great thanks in advance.
Greetings from Belgium to all.
Camomille

Hi, welcome on the Yuneec pilots forum.

The difference between the two cameras could be the firmware (US or EU), or a trouble onto the onboard antenna: sometimes it happens that the shield of the cable short circuits with the core where it's welded near the antenna, or simply a crack on the welding can cause oxidation transforming it in a capacity (condenser) that can alterate the frequency. I suggest you to check the antenna and the cable. If it is ok, try replacing the firmware, there are many other threads on the forum regarding how to do it.
Another cause, if the problem happens while recording video, can be the speed and the dimension of the SD card used in the camera: these cameras do not accept sdhc cards, but only standard SD cards, of good quality, not bigger than 16 Gb, high speed, as for photography, not data cards.

Hello, after testing 2 different CGO3 on my Q500, I've discoverd that video signal is lost at about 120 m. with one cam while it easily reaches 300 m. or more with the other one.
How do you explain this difference ? How can we get best video range?
Great thanks in advance.
Greetings from Belgium to all.
Camomille
Yes a very warm welcome to the forum, smart people here, just ask if you nerd help

Thanks for your answers. To begin with, I choose a soft option today. I made a camera reset. Too much wind to test outside today :( I took exactly 1 min 45 ' for wifi video connection with ST12 at 50 cm. from Q500
On the other side, I've opened a crashed CGO3 to see how to remove and change antenna.
About firmware, It doesn't seem possible to identify what's the FW inside the camera. I'll first check and eventually update to latest A FW posted here by DoomMeister :)
Greetings to all.
Camomille

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval