Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ with Steady Grip?

Reaction score
Hey yunee's

Has anybody tried the CGO3+ from a Typhoon H on the steady grip that comes with the Q500 4K? (Non Lithium). The reason I ask is I want to do short shoot on one of my ships in the summer using two CGO3+'s. One on the ground on a steady grip and one in the air on the Typhoon H.

Now, obviously I realize that the pan control will not work, that's fine, don't need it, just want to use the SAME cameras for continuity purposes, IE same imaging sensors, same specs, same color space etc.

I would try it myself as I have all the gear at home but i'm in the middle of the ocean right now so I cant. I need to decide whether to invest in another CGO3+ or just use my CGO3 from my Q500 4K which I know works but it has a different imaging sensor (I believe).

Thanks for reading, any advice will be much appreciated.

Reactions: Puxnstx
Yes you can, it works as a temp measure for clips, there is no known issue but at the same time the cgo3 and 3p operate on different voltages. Extended use could possibly cause problems. Its best if you have the electrical knowledge to build a cross adapter from the 3 to the 3p.

Reactions: Puxnstx
Yes you can, it works as a temp measure for clips, there is no known issue but at the same time the cgo3 and 3p operate on different voltages. Extended use could possibly cause problems. Its best if you have the electrical knowledge to build a cross adapter from the 3 to the 3p.
I've used the CGO3+ extensively on the ActionCam (the one with built-in LiPo battery and silver base) without problems.

The CGO3+ was designed for the Typhoon H which has 4s battery (14.8v) and the CGO3 from the Q500 uses 3s battery (11.1 volts.) I don't think you would have any problem using the CGO3+ on the Steadygrip designed for the CGO3. As long as it works, it should not hurt to run on a lower voltage.
I just bought a refurbished Typhoon H for $389 which is less than the cost of the camera alone.

Paragon, which version of the CGO3 app are you running?

I am running the CGO3+ camera on the CGO3 app v1.0.7 for iOS on an iPod Touch running iOS v11.3.

I just tried the system with an older Steadygrip (8 AA battery version, with 3 camera contacts) that came in the mail today, and once again everything works fine with no modifications needed and no image lag. I am going to mod this older Steadygrip to use a LiPo battery later.

Thanks... unfortunately the older version I am running of the Android flavor, has a significant lag. I have been hoping for a report from someone running the most recent Android update.

Thanks... unfortunately the older version I am running of the Android flavor, has a significant lag. I have been hoping for a report from someone running the most recent Android update.

I just loaded the app on my Samsung S8 (Android) to test for lag. I am running v0.1.0.0067 from the Google Play Store. It is not as responsive as the version I am running on iOS, but the delay I am getting is only a fraction of a second, less than 1/2 second. What platform are you running on? The Samsung S8 runs with a 64-bit 8-core processor, which may account for the low lag time I'm seeing on Android.

I just loaded the app on my Samsung S8 (Android) to test for lag. I am running v0.1.0.0067 from the Google Play Store. It is not as responsive as the version I am running on iOS, but the delay I am getting is only a fraction of a second, less than 1/2 second. What platform are you running on? The Samsung S8 runs with a 64-bit 8-core processor, which may account for the low lag time I'm seeing on Android.

I'm running 0057 on a Teclast P80 tablet... the 0062 version, (previous to the latest updated 0067 version released in January 2018) would not load at all on my Samsung S3, nor on the Teclast or 2 other tablets I had purchased. Currently, my lag time is 2-3 seconds.

I now have a Samsung S7 that I could try the new 0067 version on, but I will have to wait 3-4 weeks to get my repaired cameras back from Carolina Dronz.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval