Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO4 Raw Files Unreadable

Reaction score
I just purchased an H920/CGO4 and am disappointed to discover that .RW2 raw files are unreadable in Lightroom, Photoshop, etc. I have other Lumix cameras and raw files work fine. Anyone have an idea of how soon Yuneec will offer a fix for this issue?

You've piqued my interest. .RW2 has been around for quite awhile. I'm probably stating the obvious.......but even with a fix, which will have to come from Lightroom it likely won't be available for any version older than the current one. I don't use Lightroom so I don't know where they are at.

I did see where you can get Adobe DNG converter and maybe transfer your .RW2 to DNG and then import the DNG file into Lightroom.

Yeah, PITA. One would think a manufacturer would submit new camera's to Lightroom and Photoshop before release so the software is already ready. This camera should take some pretty amazing photos once you get it sorted.

There may be better answers out there than mine.

You've piqued my interest. .RW2 has been around for quite awhile. I'm probably stating the obvious.......but even with a fix, which will have to come from Lightroom it likely won't be available for any version older than the current one. I don't use Lightroom so I don't know where they are at.

I did see where you can get Adobe DNG converter and maybe transfer your .RW2 to DNG and then import the DNG file into Lightroom.

Yeah, PITA. One would think a manufacturer would submit new camera's to Lightroom and Photoshop before release so the software is already ready. This camera should take some pretty amazing photos once you get it sorted.

There may be better answers out there than mine.

Thanks for the response! Yes...I have another Lumix camera and the .rw2 files work fine. I have the latest versions of LR and PS and I did try the Adobe DNG converter but the CGO4 raw files are not even recognized as legitimate image files.

My understanding is that Yuneec has acknowledged this as an issue but I have not seen any information about when it will be fixed.

I agree with you that this camera has great potential...even the JPEG files look pretty good...but no raw files and some really poor exposure controls have me second guessing whether I bought the right system. Hoping a firmware update is rolling out soon!

That does suck. They had to know this would be a problem before releasing the unit. I have no idea why companies do this.

Yes it's pretty distressing. If I had known these issues before I bought it I probably would not. The shame is the hardware is very nice...great drone...nice remote...and probably an outstanding camera....it's the software side that's lacking. I'm sure they rushed it out to try to beat the competition and figured they get an update out before the issues got noticed. I'm noticing...and hope I see some fixes soon.

yuneec are working on the problem - something to do with the way the camera reads the files or something like that but it is being fixed folks ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval