Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO4 SD card not recognized

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Suddenly I got the problem that my cgo4 doesn't recognize my SD cards any more. It says SD card full. I already checked for write lock, formatted the cards in windows as exFat, formatted the SD cards in my cgo3+ but nothing works. One SD card works (absolutely equal to the others) but video records stop at ~18 seconds. Watching the screen there are jumps in the record time counter... it counts up to 18 and suddenly it's back on 14 seconds... I have the full recording on the ST16, but on the SD card there are always just seconds.
Anyone a idea what's wrong?

Micro sd cards do not work with CGO4 cameras, requires standard size SD card. There is a sticker in the compartment of the CGO4, that states that micro SD card are not "allowed".

Attachments

• 20190916_103321.jpg
    20190916_103321.jpg
    709.3 KB · Views: 15
Okay, that might be a reason! Now the big question is, why did it work before - I have around 30 videos taken with micro SD cards on my hard drive.
I'll give it a try with a standard SD card to verify it it makes a difference.

Hmmm, must have had a momentary lapse of reason. Micro SD w/ adapter never worked for me. After looking closely to the sticker, that explained why.:oops:

Talked to a Yuneec tech at the fair today and the solution is so obvious: card adapter or not has no influence, but I changed from full HD to 4k and all my SD cards are okay for full hd but lack some (5) mbps in write speed for 4k. Call me stupid ;-).
Had a great talk and got some interesting background information on upcoming products and the organisational structure of Yuneec.

Better to use a standard sized card. Early on I tried the micro and adapter method without much luck. There’s no reason to make the camera act “picky” because of a micro card.

Yuneec has an organizational structure?

A standard SDXC II card is on it's way - just for being on the safe side. It's a little inconvenience because it can't be used for both (TyH and H920) copters.

"Yuneec has an organizational structure?"
Yes, indeed - but they haven't made any use of it in the past as we all can tell. But seein' they are about to start distributing the add-ons from Jorgen Klausgaard like his payload-release-system, his lume cube lighting set and other nice gadgets as well as "reanimating" the 920 in the H920 Industrial "Project Rhino" (high payload capability, SDK and optimized flight time of up to 60 minutes) gives the impression as if the product management had some serious change of mind and/or personnel.
Had a really nice chat to techs, the Swiss software developer and the product manager from China. At least Yuneec Europe (Germany) is well aware of what went wrong and they told me, that China now listens much more carefully what they are reporting to the Chinese HQ. I'm looking forward to the future with quite some confidence!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval