Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charger/balancer/storage YTH accu

• Thread starter Former_Member_14655
  • Start date
F

Former_Member_14655

Dear people.

I’m looking for a new battery charger but don’t know what to buy.
I prefer to charge 4 batteries at the same time in a faster time than the stock charger.
Can you advise me or tell me your experience?

Hendrik.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
The best idea from my point of view is to buy charger adapter and use an universal charger of your own choice that has a storage program.
Adapter like this: https://www.copter.eu/images/246312a6a00ed0204.jpg

Be aware, that there are different adapters for Typhoon H and H Plus.

br HE

Thanks for your reply.
I’m wondering in what time I can charge a battery save but also quick.
I find it very hard to find useful information so I can make my choice.
I hope to find some users experience here.

Kind regard,
Hendrik.

I have a couple T240’s.....takes about an hour to charge a battery.....little more or a little less depending on your ending voltage.

T240 Charger

Reactions: hendrik14570

Reactions: hendrik14570
I jut order the skyRc q400.
I think that’s the best one for me.
Can charge 4 at 1 time and many choices of charging and storage also.

Thanks for your input.

@hendrik

Be aware that the fastest you can safely charge the OEM battery for the H480 is at 1C. For the 5400mAh OEM that equates to 5.4A max current during charging. Anything higher than that will shorten the longevity of the battery. If you are getting a multi port charger, each port must be able to handle 91W to charge at the 1C rate (5.4 A * 16.8V = 90.8W).

Charging to full 16.8V charge from storage level of 15.2V usually takes 50 to 60 minutes doing a balance charge.

Last edited:
@hendrik

Be aware that the fastest you can safely charge the OEM battery for the H480 is at 1C. For the 5400mAh OEM that equates to 5.4A max current during charging. Anything higher than that will shorten the longevity of the battery. If you are getting a multi port charger, each port must be able to handle 91W to charge at the 1C rate (5.4 A * 16.8V = 90.8W).

Charging to full 16.8V charge from storage level of 15.2V usually takes 50 to 60 minutes doing a balance charge.

Thanks for the reply
What do you mean with at 1c?
My charger had 4 Ports.
2x50 watt and 2x 100 watts.
Do you mean i can only use the 100 watt port?

Reactions: Former_Member_14655
1C being the battery amp rating (5400mA=5.4A, 5.4A=1C)

Hello again.
I didn’t want to many questions but there’s 1 thing I don’t understand.
You’re telling me that I need 90 watt to charge a battery.
My skyRc q200 has 2 ports for 100 watt en 2 ports for 50 watt.
Can’t I use the 50 watt ports or do I misunderstand you?

My charger was delivered today so I’m not familiar with it.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Hendrik.

Reactions: Former_Member_14655
Hello again.
I didn’t want to many questions but there’s 1 thing I don’t understand.
You’re telling me that I need 90 watt to charge a battery.
My skyRc q200 has 2 ports for 100 watt en 2 ports for 50 watt.
Can’t I use the 50 watt ports or do I misunderstand you?

My charger was delivered today so I’m not familiar with it.

Thanks for your patience with me.

Hendrik.
You can use them, but you won’t be able to charge at the 1C rate. If you start charging at the storage voltage of 15.2V, you can initially use 3.3A (about 0.6C rate). As you get closer to full charge voltage of 16.8V that will drop to 3.0A. It will just take longer to charge on those ports.

@hendrik

Ps.
You are talking about 16.8 volts.
But the standard battery doesn’t go that high or am I wrong?
Do you mean that there is a safety margin in the h480 and that you can actually charge the battery further than normal is recommended?

Greets,
Hendrik

Ps.
You are talking about 16.8 volts.
But the standard battery doesn’t go that high or am I wrong?
Do you mean that there is a safety margin in the h480 and that you can actually charge the battery further than normal is recommended?

Greets,
Hendrik
Some people have claimed to see 16.8v on their ST16, I think the majority see 16,6v to 16.7v.

Bit still it’s way more than the 14.8 volt that stands on the battery.
I have never heard of this that there is more capacity in a battery than what’s signed in the battery.
This means for me that I can “upgrade “ my old battery’s witch always have been charged to 14,8 volt.
Good news for me.

Bit still it’s way more than the 14.8 volt that stands on the battery.
I have never heard of this that there is more capacity in a battery than what’s signed in the battery.
This means for me that I can “upgrade “ my old battery’s witch always have been charged to 14,8 volt.
Good news for me.
Voltage -The voltage of a battery is also determined by the cell arrangement (series), and there are a few common voltage measurements worth noting:
Charged - the voltage of a fully-charged LiPo cell is 4.20V, and charging above this will damage the cell.
Nominal - this can be considered a sort of "half-charged" voltage, as it is 3.70V, in between charged and discharged. Nominal voltage is what manufacturers use when describing the voltage of their batteries.
You may of damaged your batteries with that charging regime.

Now it’s getting to technical for me.
I’ve got 5400 mah 4s 14.8 volt batteries.
How far “extra” do you think is save to charge?

Now it’s getting to technical for me.
I’ve got 5400 mah 4s 14.8 volt batteries.
How far “extra” do you think is save to charge?
I you want a simple solution, then go for the Venom, EV peak DY series, they are simple button settings, charge, storage and balance, plus a display of cells, voltage etc, third party charger with leads are excellent, and futureproof, plenty of YouTube videos to assist.

I you want a simple solution, then go for the Venom, EV peak DY series, they are simple button settings, charge, storage and balance, plus a display of cells, voltage etc, third party charger with leads are excellent, and futureproof, plenty of YouTube videos to assist.

I have bought the skyRc q200
I want too get the best out fast charging and use the full capacity of the batteries.
There are some older batteries but they still work fine.
The only problem with then is that I can only fly for about 10 minutes with them.
I hope to get more out of them by”overcharging” then.
Otherwise they would not have much more use for me.

Thanks for the replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy