Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Charging Low Battery Issues

Reaction score
Hello all, new to the community here.

I recently bought a second battery for my 4K to have some more flight time. I got the "battery extremely low" warning while flying and landed for a charge, however, my charger shows an error when I plug the battery in. The charger fills my first battery up just fine, but not this one. I've read that they won't charge batteries that are too low. The controller read 10.6V when I landed. Is there anything I can do to get it to charge? What is the "too low" mark for a battery to stop charging?

Thanks for the help

I can't say I know the answer to this, but experienced for the first time myself this week. I put in a newly charged battery (my third and last that I had with me, that was charged). About 500' out, I started getting the flashing red light warning on the controller, and soon after, the vibration warning. I wondered if I had loaded a used battery in the UAV, but in retrospect, I had just charged each battery, and pretty sure all three were fully charged. There is one battery that I didn't let the process finish balancing the cells (I wonder if that had something to do with it). I plugged in the batteries (my voltage said about the same thing) and they were not totally discharged (as I suspected). I decided to recharge the ST10 controller and it seemed to fix the problem--but not entirely sure. I wonder if the voltage had to do with the controller and not the battery in the UAV.

hi
the way i get around the charge and used battery issue is number your batteries and place a piece of correct tape on the reverse side of the battery and mark a line each time you charge the battery , that also keeps the batteries used in order . if you want to go a step further purchase a LiPo Voltage Checker + Warning Buzzer and check the voltage in each cell before and after each flight .LiPo Voltage Checker + Warning Buzzer.jpg

hi
the way i get around the charge and used battery issue is number your batteries and place a piece of correct tape on the reverse side of the battery and mark a line each time you charge the battery , that also keeps the batteries used in order . if you want to go a step further purchase a LiPo Voltage Checker + Warning Buzzer and check the voltage in each cell before and after each flight .View attachment 2360
Another thing you could do is keep a flight log and if you have a decent after market charger, you can check your cell voltage with it

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
I had a similar issue. After I fly I usually have to pack it up quick. On one outing, the wind started to pick up very quickly and was a little ways out still. The copter wasn't responding very well to my commands so I put it in home mode. It took a while to get back and almost didn't make it and the battery I think went down to 10.7v. I was running late now, forgot to take the battery out and it stayed the next day roasting in my truck. I tried to charge the battery and the LED was solid red. The battery was even lower in voltage now.
MY SOLUTION - I looked all around for answers and the solution that worked great for me was purchasing an after market battery charger with adjustable range. I started out charging slow and at low voltage until it reached a normal low range to charge normal. It's solid and no problems so far. Thanks to a confident young man at the hobby shop.
Charger - Team Orion Advantage One V2

Hope it helps
Krashmahn

I'm sure there are better choices. The Hobby shop had one in stock and I needed to get out and fly.

Team Orion
Advantage One V2
TEAM-ORION-Advantage-ONE-406-AC-DC-Charger-094ORI30221_b_0.JPG

Thanks, found them. But, my Lord, $250.00+ !!! Who can afford that after buying a drone and extra batteries.
Are there any other chargers that can charge a battery that is "low voltage?" Seems kinda screwy that you have to buy a separate charger for a discharged rechargeable battery, don't ya think? There's gotta be a better way.

Who in the <censored> came up with the idea that a rechargeable battery is "too low" to be recharged? Must be a money thing...
I'd tell you what that new battery reads (used once) if I could find any of my three multimeters. I'm the only one that lives here but I'm still gonna blame my ex -- who has been moved out since 2011...

Holy Crap!! $250, I thought that I over paid at $64. I would of picked up 4 (not yuneec) new batteries and had plenty for lunch and dinner. Hey, bayport, that there is a heck of a setup. Whats the charge time with all four batteries hooked up?

Holy Crap!! $250, I thought that I over paid at $64. I would of picked up 4 (not yuneec) new batteries and had plenty for lunch and dinner. Hey, bayport, that there is a heck of a setup. Whats the charge time with all four batteries hooked up?

Round about 2 hours (130 min.) starting with 10% capacity...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply bayport!

+skypuppy
Sorry for the delayed response. I picked it up at a Local Hobby Shop *High desert Hobbies* in Palmdale, Ca
It didnt come with a "T" plug adapter. I was bummed at first that it didnt just work with the balancer adapter, but then my brain opened up and started to work. So Im good now. I can see if they have more in stock, but Im sure you can get a better one for cheaper online. I still havent looked up the one I have online yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval