Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Chinthurst Hill

The video was shot in 3840 and rendered to 1080 microSD card was U1.
OK. I think the card is not fast enough to capture all the moving texture in the video. My guess is that because of the limited write speed of the microSD card, the camera has to process the sharpness in batches, hence the pulsating we see. Easy fix:). Try again with a U3 card.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Well, I was just writing a very long response when @Rubik posted but I'll go ahead and post a few things that I have noticed or picked up on over the years and just my .02 cents worth as far as how I determine my work flow for video.

First and foremost: Isolating where the problem truly occurs is very important and also very difficult. Fortunately there is one way we can begin to determine where along the line from the moment a scene is (a)captured within the camera, to the point at which it is (b)written to the card, downloaded and (c)played back locally, on to the point at which it is (d)edited, and from there it continues along the path until it is (e)rendered out of the NLE, and the when it is (f)uploaded to a site like YouTube at which point the final video can be called upon for (g)mass viewing.

Points (a) to (b) are critical to the quality of the video. These cameras; at their maximum resolution and frame rate are pushing out as high a data rate as the processor can deliver. In addition, image formats such as 'Gorgeous' are further adding to the complexity of the data as now the processor is in effect adding sharpening and saturation and so forth to every frame of video. This is why the less of that, the better when shooting at max resolutions. This also explains why these cameras are able to shoot 1080 at 120 FPS - because the 1080 frame is exactly 4 times smaller than 4K therefore the processor is allowed to write four times as many frames per second - their smaller in size. This also explains why it looks like the camera has zoomed in - the camera is only recording the center 25% of the sensor at the higher frame rates.

The fact that some see the problem is non-existent in the 1080 30fps video tells me the problem is in the higher data rates not being written to the card correctly, and to me, that points at the card. I believe that using a card such as a U1 is just barely able to write the data from the CG03+ fast enough. Indeed on the C23, shooting the same size video (4K), the cards I can use in my standard Typhoon H fall flat on their face in the Plus's camera. Why? Because there is more data being written. If I had this problem the first obstacle I would remove is the card by getting a good U3 rated card.

Moving on down the line.

Assuming we can now see the video out of the camera played locally in all of its glory; one of the things I do when ever I get a new camera, computer or software for editing video is; determine a baseline that establishes what the maximum quality can be at point (g) - Mass Viewing. To do this we need to bypass points (d), (e) and (f) momentarily as they can produce a whole host of disorders on their own. I will shoot about 30 seconds of video on whatever settings I will be using and record a typical scene. From there, we can of course view the video locally (c) and, if everything looks as it should I will upload this single clip - unedited (very important) directly to Youtube. It is also important to note the file size of a given clip of raw video.

If the video plays good locally, once processing on Youtube is done, that clip is the base line in terms of the kind of quality I will expect to see on the finished video after production and rendering. In most cases I have found that as long as my internet connection is up to snuff, the video clip on Youtube will have about as good an image as when played straight out of the camera.

OK. I think the card is not fast enough to capture all the moving texture in the video. My guess is that because of the limited write speed of the microSD card, the camera has to process the sharpness in batches, hence the pulsating we see. Easy fix:). Try again with a U3 card.
It is something that has crossed my mind. I will try a U3 card but I'm not too hopeful that this is where the problem is. Here's why. I also fly a DJI Mavic Pro. As you will probably know it has a titchy little camera with a titchy little sensor. And yet, I've used the very same card in the Mavic pro and even when using 'TrueColour', and 3840, the video quality is perfect. No pulsating effect ever.

I'll still give a U3 card a try though. For the cost of a new card, it's got to be worth a try. And thanks Ty Pilot for the explanation. It makes perfect sense. It may be that the CG03+ just needs a higher rated card and if that is all it is, then yes, it's an easy fix. Err, I hope:)

@Ren57 we've also seen (at least for the Plus) that sometimes these Yuneec cameras just don't like certain cards which might explain why the card works in another camera. Hope you figure it out.

Reactions: Ren57
Beautiful work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my