Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Choppy video

Reaction score
I made my first video today and I notice on playback in my laptop that the video is very choppy. Is that a common issue or a fault of my computer? Thanx

I made my first video today and I notice on playback in my laptop that the video is very choppy. Is that a common issue or a fault of my computer? Thanx
Need more info.
Is the footage 4K?
Is the footage from the controller or directly from the aircraft's camera?
What specification is your computer?
Etc.
If your source footage directly from the camera at 4K the problem may be more to do with your computer not being able to handle it. If the footage is 1080p then it may be more to do with your computer not being able to run your editing software properly.

Without a bit more info from you it is difficult to say what your problem is.

Need more info.
Is the footage 4K?
Is the footage from the controller or directly from the aircraft's camera?
What specification is your computer?
Etc.
If your source footage directly from the camera at 4K the problem may be more to do with your computer not being able to handle it. If the footage is 1080p then it may be more to do with your computer not being able to run your editing software properly.

Without a bit more info from you it is difficult to say what your problem is.[/QUO

I'm new at this, obviously. The computer is rather old; a Toshiba Satellite L775 running Windows 7 Home 64 bit with an Intel Pentium B950 CPU, 2.10GHz, and 4 Gb memory, so I suspect the problem lies with it. The video was direct from the camera, I was under the impression that the SD card must be placed in the camera. The instruction manual does show that the controller has a card slot, but doesn't mention when or why I should use that instead of the camera. Can you enlighten me? I do notice occasional issues with the computer when editing stills in Photoshop. Thanks

Yes, the card goes in the camera.
Assuming that the SD card you are using is of sufficient quality, I suspect your problem is with your computer. I have a lap-top that is a bit old too but is more powerful than yours having an i5 processor, 8Gig memory and a 1 gig NVIDIA CUDA graphics card, but mine still struggles sometimes with resource hungry editors and sometimes shows choppy video in it's player if I'm running another application at the same time.

However, before you go out and buy another computer I suggest you try and use a friend's computer that is at least as powerful as yours and see if the problem persists. Also, try a few different free versions of editors and players and see if you can arrive at one that will give you a smooth video. If you do find one then buying that will be far cheaper than buying a new computer. Also look to expanding your memory. Most laptops are expandable to 8GB (that's what I did with mine) and short of buying a new lap-top, is probably the most cost effective way of improving your computer's performance.

The trouble these days is that while we can get better and better quality in our video capturing, whether it be in an aircraft or not, we sometimes forget about the quality of the things we are editing or playing those videos on. For example, it's no use shooting in 4K if your machine is struggling playing at 1080p

Card slot in controller will capture the Telemetry Data. If a problems arises Yuneec will most likely want to see the Telemetry Data. My suggestion is to never fly with out a card in the controller.

Card slot in controller will capture the Telemetry Data. If a problems arises Yuneec will most likely want to see the Telemetry Data. My suggestion is to never fly with out a card in the controller.
Bpess54 hasn't stated what flight platform he is using. If it's a Q500 then your statement is correct. If it's a Typhoon H then there is no need to have a card inserted into the ST16 since the telemetry is stored within the ST16. If that's the case then all that the SD slot in the controller is useful for is copying the telemetry or other files out should the need arise (assuming he doesn't have the UAVtoolbox app) and to do off line firmware updates to the ST16. I only use the SD slot in the ST16 for firmware updating.

BTW, Bpress54, the 16GB card that came with your aircraft is good enough so I don't imagine that is your problem. I think it's an old computer problem. That's my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss