Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

clipped a tree in non gps mode

Reaction score
drone.jpg Well it was bound to happen sooner or later
I clipped a tree going 40 mph in non gps mode
broke the landing gear and one of the arms pulled out.
Good lesson in both piloting and drone repair.
Now just have to find parts.

Ouch that is hard to look at, sorry for the accident.

Parts might be a little difficult to get yet.

That absolutely sucks. I have done the same with F550 builds (using DJI motors and Naza-M FC's). When flying in DJI's Attitude mode, all you have is stabilization...no GPS. It was actually my favorite mode to fly in. But it's easy to get in trouble as your inertia in flight when you let go of the sticks can run you into obstacles. Also, inertia plus wind means you really have to concentrate on what you are doing and vehicle orientation. I clipped the tops of some very tall palm trees going full out with a tail wind and pretty much destroyed my build. It's hard to watch and even harder to stomach later when you think about the time/$ put into the machine.

I feel you pain, bro. Maybe you should just pack it up and send it to a Yuneec service center for a rebuild. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Typhooned
I swear that tree reached out and smacked it! They do that. i:)i

Sorry to hear about this man, I hope you are able to get it going again with minimum fuss!
Drones should be in the air flying, not sitting in a table all apart. Sad.

That's hard to look at. Sorry for the crash but at least you were having fun it sounds like before the crash (40 MPH- no gps!), I got up to 18mph and I said to myself WOW, :rolleyes:.

Nice to hear someone flying this thing with their foot in it! Just watch those **** trees!!

Hope you get it fixed quickly and back to cutting some wind :cool:!

well Yuneec had all parts in stock
the b arm was $49.95, landing gear was $9.00
but if get the arm with motor its only $10.00 more
no brainer
Hey @droneguy, in the photo you posted did you pop the cover off the Typhoon or did it get knocked off? Can you see the Rx there, or is it hidden underneath? I'd would really really really like to see the Rx up close in order to make a decision on something, but I don't want to sit down and take the cover off mine just yet.

Hey @droneguy, in the photo you posted did you pop the cover off the Typhoon or did it get knocked off? Can you see the Rx there, or is it hidden underneath? I'd would really really really like to see the Rx up close in order to make a decision on something, but I don't want to sit down and take the cover off mine just yet.
I took it off, Non of the boards say rx or receiver on them

Man what a Bird. Took a 40 mph into a tree w/ minimal damage. That is good engineering.

I am glad to hear that Yuneec has parts in stock and ready to ship! Don't worry about a thing though, the modular design of this Hex will allow for cheaper repair costs and virtually no more "It hasn't flown the same since" issues post repair. Each part is designed to have break points that all work in conjunction for one main purpose; to protect the electronics. You'll be back up in the air in no time brother!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval