Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C'mon admit it

If you mean by being antiquated, I agree. If you want to see state of the art look at Graupner and Xcite out of Germany. For slightly less exotic look at Futaba.

Not chastising Yuneec as what they did with the ST-16 and ST-24 worked. Widen a standard RC transmitter to fit a view screen, and still looks a lot more advanced than the toy transmitters from other brands.

Dude.. .you just made me sad. I'm a retired musician who is trying to stop the pain. I love the st16

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr
Nah I can't admit to that. I still really like the look and function of the St-16, and only yesterday I had members of the public admiring it, and incorrectly presuming I was 'professional' based almost entirely on the way that looks ! Smart, black, uncluttered, tidy and with no part of the operators hands or wrists obscuring the screen. Love it :)

Also had a look at some of the aforementioned state-of-art stuff on offer, and found this on Graupner's site - a very expensive, modern transmitter, that to me, bears something more than a passing resemblance to our beloved St-16 !!

9742874_GRAUPNER-MC-26-HOTT-EINZELSENDER-FERNSTEUERUNG_570x570.jpg

I presume they are offering this for all the people who don't want a remote that looks like it belongs in a Transformers movie :)

5492_pd3226586_1_capture2.png

Does the job, I have big hands, so it's not fiddly to touch controls, better than those silly smartphone controllers for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixelzombie
Good god......I can't even remember any point to this other than I love looking at the st16. I love it ... now I just have to find a friend to come forward and say "he really is nuts but so is him" ??

Only if [emoji3061][emoji482]

Good point.

Graupner, Futaba, Airtronics, JR, Spectrum. Up to 24 programmable, assignable channels providing many years of reliable, accurate functionality. Just keep the battery charged. The only one of those brands I don’t have on the shelf is Graupner, only because I haven’t gotten around to buying one.

Pretty? I guess. I do like the size. True beauty is in utility and an intuitive interface. So, I'll give you beauty, but it's only skin deep.

I too like the ST-16 for it's design and functionality. My only complaint is the clarity of the screen in the bright sun as I live in the Nevada desert. The screen shield helps but only if you hold it in such a way as to avoid being awkward. Maybe someday there will be a screen that doesn't glare out... Does anyone know a way to improve the visibility of the screen in the sunlight?

Don't break my heart. You're Santa and if you can't figure it out who can? Trump?????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers