Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

COMPASS ERROR...contact Yuneec

Reaction score
My BREEZE had a hard landing and since it happened i keep getting COMPASS ERROR...If this persists contact Yuneec. I've tried calibrating half dozen times and after I've gone through the complete process it simply says CALIBRATION FAILED.
Can anyone help and/or advise?

Remove the battery.

Use a thin flat blade screwdriver or knife (use extra caution with the knife) to gently pry the bottom cover open starting at the battery compartment. There are small delicate tabs at the front near the camera. Slowly pry the bottom cover open working toward the camera.

Once opened flip Breeze on its back and look at the rear where the power button is. Underneath the power button you will find a small black circuit with wires leading to the circuit board. Use a toothpick (nonconductive material) to insure the board is in its mounting and doesn’t move around. It is the Compass module.

3794E3D6-DB1B-44E2-A1E6-23D25B7521D6.jpeg
The blue arrow points to the power board.
The red arrow points to the compass module underneath.

Also make sure the cables are firmly seated in the board connectors.

If you need a new compass look on ebay as people sell parts like that all the time cheap

Reactions: Reichman
Remove the battery.

Use a thin flat blade screwdriver or knife (use extra caution with the knife) to gently pry the bottom cover open starting at the battery compartment. There are small delicate tabs at the front near the camera. Slowly pry the bottom cover open working toward the camera.

Once opened flip Breeze on its back and look at the rear where the power button is. Underneath the power button you will find a small black circuit with wires leading to the circuit board. Use a toothpick (nonconductive material) to insure the board is in its mounting and doesn’t move around. It is the Compass module.

View attachment 12815
The blue arrow points to the power board.
The red arrow points to the compass module underneath.

Also make sure the cables are firmly seated in the board connectors.
Done all that. Tried callibrating 3 times. STILL saying failed.

Done all that. Tried callibrating 3 times. STILL saying failed.

What step do you fail at? If the first two pass and you fail on the last step, put your phone in airplane mode. Then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, then calibrate the compass.

I've repaired a lot of them but have never seen that error come up after calibration. I'm assuming you tried resetting it a couple times thru that pinhole next to the usb connector.
In case you dont know do NOT erase its memory by computer thru the usb connection as it will erase everything and brick the drone.
If you need a second look at it i would gladly help you out if you would pay shipping back. I only need 2 main boards to repair 2 others I have meaning i could swap in another gps2 board and see if that fixes it. I wouldnt need anything other than the drone itself.
When it crashed did it come down upside down and hit the top gps1 board?
When you turn it on do you get the beeps? I found out that you will not get the beeps unless you plug in all of the motors. I was surprised that it actually checks for them during startup.20181203_083352.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: robbie2
What step do you fail at? If the first two pass and you fail on the last step, put your phone in airplane mode. Then enable WiFi, connect to the Breeze, then calibrate the compass.
I already had my Breeze on AIRPLANE MODE bcos of a post I read b4 where you advised somebody to do that so I took the AM off and tried again...STILL NO JOY. Any other suggestions for me DM?

I already had my Breeze on AIRPLANE MODE bcos of a post I read b4 where you advised somebody to do that so I took the AM off and tried again...STILL NO JOY. Any other suggestions for me DM?
I already had my Breeze on AIRPLANE MODE bcos of a post I read b4 where you advised somebody to do that so I took the AM off and tried again...STILL NO JOY. I'm getting ticks for the first 2 steps but as you said its failing on step 3. Any other suggestions for me DM?

Check with Yuneec CS to see if they have any other suggestions. If you are still getting the Compass error after that, try Pman’s suggestion of replacing the compass module.

Here is a link showing the module and proper Yuneec Part Number, you can purchase at your preferred place. Yuneec Breeze Compass Module.

Those ribbon cables are a pain. They can easily detach and the solder joints where the female molex plugs are on the main board can also break. I've had to repair a couple and it's not fun given how small the connections are.
Not sure what else to tell you to try. Hopefully it's not a main board fault and the compass 2 is actually good.

Check with Yuneec CS to see if they have any other suggestions. If you are still getting the Compass error after that, try Pman’s suggestion of replacing the compass module.

Here is a link showing the module and proper Yuneec Part Number, you can purchase at your preferred place. Yuneec Breeze Compass Module.
Those ribbon cables are a pain. They can easily detach and the solder joints where the female molex plugs are on the main board can also break. I've had to repair a couple and it's not fun given how small the connections are.
Not sure what else to tell you to try. Hopefully it's not a main board fault and the compass 2 is actually good.
I would be more than happy to look at it for you and figure it out for nothing if you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss