Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass FAILED

I would shut down and re-boot and if it failed again pick up the phone and call Yuneec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could also be environmental, i.e. interference from metal nearby. Was the failed compass status before or after attempting to calibrate?

Helped third recalibration.
But now H does not fly in a straight line but on a flight drifts

I know it is a pain, but try the calibration again. If you have not already watched it, have a look at Captain Drone's video on how to properly do it. I had the same issues, but when I followed his video, it worked after one try. Reference Helps

Reactions: Lumberjack0
when I callibrate , I start off with the sonar sensor's facing north , propeller's off ,that makes it easier to rotate. And I will not fly until it shows " ready" at gps

I got a Typhoon H in mid-February and have yet to get a successful compass calibration. I've watched the videos and I think I'm doing everything right. The drone is pointing north, I turn the drone over, I rotate counter-clockwise and I get the white light of failure. I've tried it in 3 different parks, same results. today I hiked about 2 miles into a state park where I'm pretty sure there was nothing metal within 5 feet. I shut down my cell phone, removed everything metal from my pockets - took my belt in case the buckle was a problem. Tried it 3 times, same result.

I'm going to call Yuneec on Monday, but I wonder if anyone has any thoughts?

I got a Typhoon H in mid-February and have yet to get a successful compass calibration. I've watched the videos and I think I'm doing everything right. The drone is pointing north, I turn the drone over, I rotate counter-clockwise and I get the white light of failure. I've tried it in 3 different parks, same results. today I hiked about 2 miles into a state park where I'm pretty sure there was nothing metal within 5 feet. I shut down my cell phone, removed everything metal from my pockets - took my belt in case the buckle was a problem. Tried it 3 times, same result.

My thought is you are not doing it quite right. OK, you took off the props, right. Took off the camera, right? Push in on the tab, and slide the gimbal carefully out toward the front.

Now, put the ST16 out of your way after starting the compass calibration. Hold the H at eye level, facing away from you and start rotating it forward, about three times (or 4) until the lights switch to the next pair. Then turn it CCW, and repeat the process. Repeat four more times. If successful the H will reboot and turn its light GREEN. When you get the green light you be done...

First time I did this I did not. Took me about 6 tries to get it, then I found out removing the camera really helps. Be careful with your camera, it's delicate...

there is also a time frame, you have to finish by , I am guessing it to be approximately one minute, but don't quote me on that.

Without watching you do it, it's a bit hard to see what's going on. Make sure you're holding the arms that have the lights flashing. You may need to turn the drone over more than once before the lights move onto the next set of arms. Pay attention to what the lights do as it'll tell you if you've rotated it enough and which set of arms to move onto next. You don't need to move yourself, just keep facing in the same direction as you flip the typhoon over.

Taking props and camera off certainly make it a lot easier. The first time round I was fumbling and couldn't hold it level or turn it fast enough. More than once I'd hit the power button by accident and have to start over again..

I'm not sure you have to get too obsessive about removing metal and so forth. The main thing is for the Typhoon to go through 'every' orientation with respect to the local magnetic field.

You may need to turn the drone over more than once before the lights move onto the next set of arms.

Takes a good 3 times, but the lights switching is the signal to rotate to the next arm pair.

Usually takes ~2-1/2 rotations for each pair of arms on each of my H's before the next pair of lights to start flashing. Every time I go slow and take more than a minute or so to get through the process it fails. When done in a minute or less it always succeeds.

Whenever calibrating the compass, try removing the camera first. This way, the gimbal isn't fighting to stay righted and doesn't hit "gimbal lock" while rotating the craft, all the while removing all of the electrical interference it creates. Works like a charm every time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval