Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Confusion about Compatible Android Devices

Reaction score
Just got myself a Breeze a few days ago. Works well with my ipad mini at the moment. But I would like to control it with an android phone as well.

I tried using the Asus Zenfone Max, but the Breeze's wifi signal don't appear on the list at all. I read somewhere that this is because the phone don't have dualband and cannot receive 5G wifi signal. But then I saw someone using the Samsung Galaxy J7 on the youtube, and its wifi reception capability is exactly the same as the Asus ZenFone Max i.e. Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n.

So do you guys have any idea why one phone works while the others cannot?

I think you need the same like for a Q500 or TH

802.11 ac ...

IPhone 6S, IPhone 6, IPhone SE, IPhone S5, IPad (> Gen. 4), Samsung TAB S2, Samsung Galaxy S5-S7, Galaxy A5, LG V10, LG G5, Huawai P9 and P9 PLUS, Huawai Media Pad M2 10.0, M2 8.0, 10 Pro, 10 LTE, Sony XPERIA Z3 ...

Yes, that's what I thought as well, but...the person in the video below used a Galaxy J7 successfully with the Breeze, and it is only 802.11 b/g/n.

That's why I am confused...

Last edited:
I have a ZTE z max pro and the wifi does not show up at all so I don't know if I'm going to return it or not

Not all phone are compatible. Phone that is limited to 2.4 will not work. You have to a dual band or a phone that have 5ghz wifi

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Not all phone are compatible. Phone that is limited to 2.4 will not work. You have to a dual band or a phone that have 5ghz wifi

I've been using my LG G STYLO. Everything has been working perfectly

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jcarloacsay
Both my LG Tribute 5 and LG Stylo 2 don't work. I tried my friend's samsung s4 and worked great so far

I was surfing the net, and read somewhere that originally breeze was transmitting at 2.4G, but later firmware update pushes it to transmit at 5G. Not sure if it is true.

But if that's true, then it will explain the confusion. Some people probably never update their breeze firmware, so their non 5G phone can still work with breeze.

Reactions: wedbster
I was surfing the net, and read somewhere that originally breeze was transmitting at 2.4G, but later firmware update pushes it to transmit at 5G. Not sure if it is true.

But if that's true, then it will explain the confusion. Some people probably never update their breeze firmware, so their non 5G phone can still work with breeze.
Why would they do that? I was bummed my other phones not compatible

Why would they do that? I was bummed my other phones not compatible

Like I said, I'm not sure if it is really true about the firmware change. But I won't be surprise if it is so because 2.4ghz has better range and object penetration power compared to 5ghz, but in term of latency, 5ghz is faster. Yuneec may be trying to solve the video lag issue by switching to 5ghz.

Personally I have used Wifi Analyzer to check my Breeze, and discovered that it is now transmitting at the upper channels of 5ghz, not 2.4 ghz. That's why my Asus Zenfone Max cannot detect breeze's wifi signal.

Reactions: jcarloacsay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430