Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wifi connect problem

I use an iPhone 7 and have the ability to use the live streaming over the cellular network. The iOS devices generally work better for Breeze Cam than the Android devices. Partly because Apple controls the hardware as well as the OS, so there is a more consistent overall platform to run software on.

I am at a loss for advise with the Android phones. Maybe others that use them could give you advise on having both WiFi and cellular networks running simultaneously.

Greeting i am from croatia and i bought yuneec breeze and i can not connect it to cell phone, i use xiaomi redmi 5, huawei p9 lite, tablet huawei media pad t1 8.0 can someone help

The Xiaomi Redmi 5 may work with the proper Breeze European firmware installed.

The Huawei P9 Lite is a definite no go. It does not support 802.11a or 802.11ac.

The Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0 is a definite no go for the same reasons as the P9 Lite.

See this thread for more information Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips.

The Xiaomi Redmi 5 may work with the proper Breeze European firmware installed.

The Huawei P9 Lite is a definite no go. It does not support 802.11a or 802.11ac.

The Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0 is a definite no go for the same reasons as the P9 Lite.

See this thread for more information Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips.
I tried with my xiaomi redmi 5 phone, my phone did not recognize the dron

I tried with my xiaomi redmi 5 phone, my phone did not recognize the dron

Try placing your phone in airplane mode. Android is always looking for an internet connection and skips over hotspots without internet connection in favor of those that do.

You can try using the conversation function to PM with @airborne. He is my go to person for WiFi connection problems in Europe, especially with Android. Like I said, the Redmi 5 might work as it supports 802.11a which is the early version of 802.11ac. It is likely you will have to downgrade your firmware to get it to work. The other option is to get a WiFi range extender that would allow 5.8 GHz WiFi to the Breeze and 2.4 GHz WiFi to the phone/tablet.

Try placing your phone in airplane mode. Android is always looking for an internet connection and skips over hotspots without internet connection in favor of those that do.

You can try using the conversation function to PM with @airborne. He is my go to person for WiFi connection problems in Europe, especially with Android. Like I said, the Redmi 5 might work as it supports 802.11a which is the early version of 802.11ac. It is likely you will have to downgrade your firmware to get it to work. The other option is to get a WiFi range extender that would allow 5.8 GHz WiFi to the Breeze and 2.4 GHz WiFi to the phone/tablet.
I still can not connect to the domain I tried to put all the firmware for the dron and none is working, does not want to install, has the app files app on my smartphone version is 1.4.7

@saxi17 : Are you sure about the versions? The Version number of the Breeze Cam App for your smartphone is of lesser importance when you have to deal with the lower frequencies in the 5 GHz Band (802.11 a). Try to downgrade your Breeze's firmware with the often mentioned "firmware.bin". If your smartphone is capable of doing 802.11a only this should do the trick.
If lost - just ask
HTH

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for offering assistance @airborne.

I think he tried using the compressed firmware, which won’t work unless you can connect via WiFi.

I appreciate your help my friend!

@saxi17 you will find the uncompressed firmware.bin here. For further assistance just ask or you will find abundant information about downgrading your breeze's firmware in this forum. The looking glass is your friend :). I also PMed you.

@DoomMeister: Would you consider to make the link to firmware.bin in some way sticky or prominent? I have to admit it took me some time to find my own post;)

@saxi17 you will find the uncompressed firmware.bin here. For further assistance just ask or you will find abundant information about downgrading your breeze's firmware in this forum. The looking glass is your friend :). I also PMed you.

@DoomMeister: Would you consider to make the link to firmware.bin in some way sticky or prominent? I have to admit it took me some time to find my own post;)

I have to say that would be a good idea! I’ve considered it for a few threads that seem to be referenced a lot, but get temporarily buried. Which particular thread would you like me to sticky-ize?

Check the Breeze Discussion area for the added sticky threads. If there are others you feel would be useful, just let me know @airborne.

Last edited:

I put the firmware .bin file into my breeze purple light turned on i drove the breeze tried to connect with my smartphone and still does not recognize it

@saxi17 : Are you sure about the versions? The Version number of the Breeze Cam App for your smartphone is of lesser importance when you have to deal with the lower frequencies in the 5 GHz Band (802.11 a). Try to downgrade your Breeze's firmware with the often mentioned "firmware.bin". If your smartphone is capable of doing 802.11a only this should do the trick.
If lost - just ask
HTH
MwD-h5KjhHMimipxYLN6kcwvVZdn4rTVAwyV3SWRknHnG__62k4YAXI0M_yo5MtsMz7ZFXPQZvzFp7CBfV130D9zkJUXZ81ISljeTROC31RD_U2v_DXibglY1OBTyM5a6ADTJIg4FU73EioFBLxeZtWezWzECBi__yY46CCZt2so0XLovSbYSb1hOzk0RVMeWi19ACw-HaKxYakfxE4jyyWWzCadNcUaSKT0jkVeBZVtjIcGq_qOme0U6PChZlB3l3K2uM1hg8KCJeuhNxTUWU_QUvx9WXLxyFrTnoyfDdBREMd54oEYJQmQRAhCpXZZDvgxR2NzYeOGjc6pScw_FzjMbGgZBFhDqJgIyNw7wAunK5ZjfTGzV96QZwPcdkZe12RULGSv1yC1MK31tXBnVyumMDyOgsPUALff9dqC9NV5fdlk1EUNJgb50-2zOEV8okH9IzlE9pibeVjhK92B0zSnirf726h_dobS0Uq2989KUxdZolNp9eTFi7j_r3nk-Uc2aWZ5rxbKCo5cSXn2GF2YfuIrNfvwgjuykY21AUvJzFSQxoVvDozFKmgp5W7DVUnsJFVowBAYi80GWSDXz425GS9GS-wYYN4PLpU=w1172-h586-no

the green light flashes and after 2 to 3 minutes the breeze stops probably because it is not connected

So I am correct to assume that the downgrade with the firmware.bin did work out successfully -> switching from purple to green flashing. Now for the phone: Try to establish airplane mode (cellular off, wifi off, BT off, NFC off) then switch on wifi only. What is the outcome? BTW in which part of the world are you? (EU vs. US can make a lot of difference)

So I am correct to assume that the downgrade with the firmware.bin did work out successfully -> switching from purple to green flashing. Now for the phone: Try to establish airplane mode (cellular off, wifi off, BT off, NFC off) then switch on wifi only. What is the outcome? BTW in which part of the world are you? (EU vs. US can make a lot of difference)
I tried in all ways to connect with the breeze and there is no shift, I tried with samsung galaxy J3 2017 and nothing, just smartphone does not recognize breeze, I try with oneplus 5, my laptop recognizes breeze, I'm from Croatia

I'm a new user, so I'm just testing the drone.
Today I tried to fly a greater distances. I noticed that after takeoff on the height 10m drone lost connection with my xiaomi mi6 (airplane mode on) for several seconds. After a while, I received a message about reconnection and the drone could have been flying for much larger distances without losing the connection. This happened after the start of each flight.
I wonder why lost connection and reconnect follows after each takeoff. I am afraid that in this way I completely lose control of the drone.

Do you have your phone in a metallic case?

If so, try removing it to see if your connection improves.

No, I'm just using a silicone case.
I wonder why after reconnect in the air the connection becomes stable. This is strange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio