Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

I use the LG-G5 ANDROID Version 5.1 lollipop. Firmware 1.0.56 This phone works well with the breeze with zero updates. How I got it from the store. Occasionally there will be a warning notification that flashes too fast for me to read but doesn't seem to effect control, connection, or stability of the drone. Hope this helps.

Please try to set a static IP address when you try to connect you phone to the breeze. Follow these steps:
- Open the system wifi settings while connected to the Breeze
- Find out which IP address you got (could be something like 192.168.42.2; maybe someone could determine that and post it here)
- Disconnect and remove the wifi configuration
- Re-connect, enter password AND set the option from DHCP to Static
- Set the IP address to the one you found out
- Set the Gateway to the IP address of the Breeze (it should be something like 192.168.42.1 when you got .2 above)
- Set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (which is default)

One some devices (Moto G5+ for instance) it is also required to turn OFF mobile data!

tl;dr;

Hey guys, I don't know if it helps, but on most Android devices with Android 5 and upper there is a system limitation that the wifi connection requires a valid captive portal. As connection-less devices like the Breeze or any other Yuneec don't copter have this, Android won't connect as it tries to stay connected with the network with internet connection, and thus disconnects from the wifi automatically.

Some devices will flash up a message if you want to keep connection, but it won't stay long enough to click on the button.

When the device uses a static configuration you overcome that limitation as Android "thinks" it's okay to have no internet. Some other devices still won't work. In this case, it is the internal routing, which tries to route everything to the internet first, which will fail also. To solve that, you have to disable the mobile data. You can often do that via the quick settings from the system status bar.

On Samsung devices are also quite a lot issues with communication with connection-less devices, so that you have to disable the intelligent network switch (which is actually quite dumb, but that's not the point here).

What yuneec actually have to do is to bind the process of the app to the wifi network and route everything from the app to that wifi. However, this is not that easy and requires a lot of testing with almost every single Android device, because they will behave differently.

Please note: I don't have a Breeze, so I just can assume from the posts what could cause the connection issues, because I have those with my Q500 and I guess that yuneec did the same mistakes here as well. If it doesn't help anyone, simply ignore it :)

Last edited:
Please try to set a static IP address when you try to connect you phone to the breeze. Follow these steps:
- Open the system wifi settings while connected to the Breeze
- Find out which IP address you got (could be something like 192.168.42.2; maybe someone could determine that and post it here)
- Disconnect and remove the wifi configuration
- Re-connect, enter password AND set the option from DHCP to Static
- Set the IP address to the one you found out
- Set the Gateway to the IP address of the Breeze (it should be something like 192.168.42.1 when you got .2 above)
- Set the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (which is default)

One some devices (Moto G5+ for instance) it also required to turn OFF mobile data!

tl;dr;

Hey guys, I don't know if it helps, but on most Android devices with Android 5 and upper there is a system limitation that the wifi connection requires a valid captive portal. As connection-less devices like the Breeze or any other Yuneec copter have this, Android won't connect as it tries to stay connected with the network with internet connection, and thus disconnects from the wifi automatically.

Some devices will flash up a message if you want to keep connection, but it won't stay long enough to click on the button.

When the device uses a static configuration you overcome that limitation as Android "thinks" it's okay to have no internet. Some other devices still won't work. In this case, it is the internal routing, which tries to route everything to the internet first, which will fail also. To solve that, you have to disable the mobile data. You can often do that via the quick settings from the system status bar.

On Samsung devices are also quite a lot issues with communication with connection-less devices, so that you have to disable the intelligent network switch (which is actually quite dumb, but that's not the point here).

What yuneec actually have to do is to bind the process of the app to the wifi network and route everything from the app to that wifi. However, this is not that easy and requires a lot of testing with almost every single Android device, because they will behave differently.

Please note: I don't have a Breeze, so I just can assume from the posts what could cause the connection issues, because I have those with my Q500 and I guess that yuneec did the same mistakes here as well. If it doesn't help anyone, simply ignore it :)

Thanks methodus!

Maybe some of our Android users having connection problems could give this ‘method’ (no pun intended) a try. If I had any Android equipment I would test it out myself.

I’ll give it a shot with my iOS devices when I get a chance.

I have the Breeze with the Controller from Walmart, lovely $150 package. I use a OnePlus 3 Android phone running Android 8.0. This works wonderfully and has had zero connection issues.

I have the Breeze with the Controller from Walmart, lovely $150 package. I use a OnePlus 3 Android phone running Android 8.0. This works wonderfully and has had zero connection issues.

Good to hear about Android 8.0 Oreo. Several are having connection issues with it, and have to reboot before connecting to the Breeze.

Reactions: Highland Traveler
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

After a firmware update which changes the channel of my Breeze, all my Android devices(Samsung S5 mini, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 lite, Nvidia Shield Tablet K1) can now see the Breeze, read more about it here: ;)
Modify the default wifi channel

It seems like Yuneec Breeze has a channel issue in certain countries, so this compatibility list may be obsolete now with this knowledge, but I am still wondering why Yuneec ships Breeze units to countries with a default channel use that causes problems and at the same time being silent about it?

It is no secret that that Yuneec Breeze has its Wi-Fi problems, especially connection problems with android phones/tablets.
It is no guarantee that your phone/tablet will work even if it has dual band 5 GHz Wi-Fi as stated in the manual, it still might not see the Breeze Wi-Fi.
I know a lot of people who cannot connect to the Breeze especially with android devices, I am one of those, so I thought about making a list of both supported and unsupported devices, this would potentially help people who are planning on buying this drone :)

I hope you are willing to spend a little time sharing your experiences, so we can make this list together.
Add a comment with what device(Android/IOS - Tablet/Phone) you have tested the Breeze with, and please add the firmware version of the Breeze, this is important since it might make a difference :)
Please make sure that your device supports Dual Band Wi-Fi, this is a minimum requirement for the Breeze! ;)

Devices that have been tested WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • MOTO G4 5.5" - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Ipad 3(3rd generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini(1st generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini 2 3g (10.2.1) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Air(5th generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 6 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone 7+ - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone SE - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Sony Experia Z3 Compact - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6

Devices that have been tested NOT WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • Google Pixel - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Huawei P9 Lite - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Huawei P9 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung S5 Mini - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
Posted this March 3 2018---got everything to work with my Pixel
this is update procedure everything works great. -hope this helps others

Go into phone settings turn Airplane mode on (this turns wifi and Bluetooth off)
Turn wifi on - Turn Bluetooth on

Turn on Breeze
Connect to Breeze w/wifi -will say connected, no internet(this is ok)

Load Breeze App will beep and say connected to Breeze(whatever you named it)

On controller hold down A button while depressing power on button, hold for 2 seconds
Connect controller to phone w/Bluetooth

Put phone in controller holder --- in Breeze App select
Tasks-Controller-Slide-Experience now - you will see on phone what drone camera looking at

Hold down start button 3 seconds-drone starts and hovers-you now are flying with controller

if need to
Hold R2 down and all controller control descriptions will appear on your screen

Just wanted to add my 2 cents of experience with the controller and phones I have tried and had success with:
Samsung J7 Pro:
Very iffy connection even had Yuneec on the phone for a couple of hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't stay connected with bluetooth. Got rid of this phone and it was using the latest android verzion from Verizon the Nougat I believe.

Iphone 6:
Rock Solid! No problems whatsoever.

Iphone 7:
Rock Solid!

Iphone 8:
Was a bit tricky to set it correctly and was slow to find the copters wifi but after the set up and checking the settings on the Iphone as to what was the problem, we set the ip in the advance features and it ran Rock Solid!

Samsung S5:
Make sure it is on the 5,0 GHz band and set it manually don't let it auto connect as this will switch to 2,4 GHz which will cause a disconnection when you may be in mid flight, it happened to me!

I am planing to buy and extra phone that will just be for this lil drone that will be dedicated. Kitkat, and Lolipop android kernals are what it likes marshmellow is even ok if you go through the settings to make sure it will not switch the wifi bands on you.

Hello. Will this drone work with Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus 32GB? Please reply.
(Poland)

The Redmi 5 plus will not work due to only supporting 802.11 b/g/n. The Breeze requires support for 802.11ac.

Last edited:
Reactions: stalewiak
Thank you for your answer. It came in handy with a new list 2018 of smartphones compatible with this drone. :):)

Last edited:
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

After a firmware update which changes the channel of my Breeze, all my Android devices(Samsung S5 mini, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 lite, Nvidia Shield Tablet K1) can now see the Breeze, read more about it here: ;)
Modify the default wifi channel

It seems like Yuneec Breeze has a channel issue in certain countries, so this compatibility list may be obsolete now with this knowledge, but I am still wondering why Yuneec ships Breeze units to countries with a default channel use that causes problems and at the same time being silent about it?

It is no secret that that Yuneec Breeze has its Wi-Fi problems, especially connection problems with android phones/tablets.
It is no guarantee that your phone/tablet will work even if it has dual band 5 GHz Wi-Fi as stated in the manual, it still might not see the Breeze Wi-Fi.
I know a lot of people who cannot connect to the Breeze especially with android devices, I am one of those, so I thought about making a list of both supported and unsupported devices, this would potentially help people who are planning on buying this drone :)

I hope you are willing to spend a little time sharing your experiences, so we can make this list together.
Add a comment with what device(Android/IOS - Tablet/Phone) you have tested the Breeze with, and please add the firmware version of the Breeze, this is important since it might make a difference :)
Please make sure that your device supports Dual Band Wi-Fi, this is a minimum requirement for the Breeze! ;)

Devices that have been tested WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • MOTO G4 5.5" - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Ipad 3(3rd generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini(1st generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini 2 3g (10.2.1) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Air(5th generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 6 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone 7+ - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone SE - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Sony Experia Z3 Compact - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6

Devices that have been tested NOT WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • Google Pixel - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Huawei P9 Lite - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Huawei P9 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung S5 Mini - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
Lg stylo 2 or 3

bought and tested Yuneec Breeze 4k from Walmart today. Fully compatible with my Pixel 2.
It IS a little "clunky" to setup but it works beautifully with the drone and the included bluetooth controller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thuocdaday