Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Connecting an iPad as a second display

Reaction score
I'm looking at ways you can connect the ST16 to an iPad for clients to view. If anyone is using duet display or hdmi to do this would be awesome. Novice with iPad so keep laughter to a minimum. Cheers all.

You can just WIFI it to the Drone if you want. I have done that for dual displays using the CG03 APP. works great. I have not tried the HDMI connector

Reactions: yuneec53
Oh tell me more! WiFi connection and using an app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You can just WIFI it to the Drone if you want. I have done that for dual displays using the CG03 APP. works great. I have not tried the HDMI connector
If you do it via wifi the range would be extremely small as the iPad contains no antenna as per the ST16.

You can get an HDMI to iPad connector. But I'm sure I've seen people report that the screen on the ST16 goes black if you plug in an HDMI cable. Also I think you'd require some type of video input App on the iPad to accept the incoming video signal from the ST16 via the HDMI to iPad cable.

If you do it via wifi the range would be extremely small as the iPad contains no antenna as per the ST16.

You can get an HDMI to iPad connector. But I'm sure I've seen people report that the screen on the ST16 goes black if you plug in an HDMI cable. Also I think you'd require some type of video input App on the iPad to accept the incoming video signal from the ST16 via the HDMI to iPad cable.
That's is what I was thinking

Interesting Capt, I just tested it in my back yard. I will check wifi range next time I fly if someone does not beat me to it.

Interesting Capt, I just tested it in my back yard. I will check wifi range next time I fly if someone does not beat me to it.
Cool I would be happy to see it. Top work guys

From what I understand, the HDMI to Lightning adapter is for HDMI OUTPUT from the iPad, *not* input. So the rest of what you've reported doesn't really matter.

I'm looking at ways you can connect the ST16 to an iPad for clients to view. If anyone is using duet display or hdmi to do this would be awesome. Novice with iPad so keep laughter to a minimum. Cheers all.
Hi. just download the free CGO3+ app to the Ipad and connect to the "H" via WiFi Works like a dream! Forget cabels etc..

Reactions: Skypicswa
Hi. just download the free CGO3+ app to the Ipad and connect to the "H" via WiFi Works like a dream! Forget cabels etc..
That's the 2nd one to say it and that's what I'm trying first. A big thank you to everyone[emoji23]

i don't think it work with android

with hdmi cable an external monitor both monitors work

That's the 2nd one to say it and that's what I'm trying first. A big thank you to everyone[emoji23]

Don't forget to connect the Ipad to the CGO3+ Wifi. Then click on the very small square at the bottom when you've open the app.

Don't forget to connect the Ipad to the CGO3+ Wifi. Then click on the very small square at the bottom when you've open the app.
What's needed on ST16 just WiFi and cgo3+ app? Or just WiFi

What's needed on ST16 just WiFi and cgo3+ app? Or just WiFi

You don't need to do anything on ST16 for this - the app connects directly to the CGO3 camera.

The functionality is limited to the camera (i.e. you can see what's there and control the shutter, white balance, etc.) and you can't adjust the gimbal or the flight path.

I believe the app was intended for use primarily as the viewfinder when you're using the steadicam thing that the Q500's came with.

Ok cool. So I'll have the same signal strength to ST16 and iPad. It's all I need so clients can view what the camera sees. No need for a monitor or power that's sweet. Cheers mate

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval