Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Consumer Electronics Show 2019

People that bought a 520 or H Plus should be pi$$ed. The release of a new Yuneec model pretty much assures any further improvements to the old products just ceased. All we have to do is review the lack of old model improvements that have failed to materialize as new models hit the market to see the pattern.
AVAILABLE AS A COMPLETE SYSTEM OR AS AN UPGRADE
The H520 RTK will not only be available as a complete system - your existing H520 can also be upgraded by our service team to a RTK version, with the same technical features as the complete system.

Reactions: Graham
yes finally. now to see if this comes true. atleast I hope that there will be new batches of batteries coming out. and not just old stock be sold.

I hope they took this long to do extensive testing of the new functions to make sure there would be no major issues. Unlike premature feature releases that are not fully tested . If that's the case I forgive them for taking this long. Atleast I got to know the h520 system which for me is better than h480 (not hplus) for holding position and unlike the h480 (not hplus) has yet to toilet bowl along with other flight issues that required a hard land. This could be real win.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The RTK upgrade looks really interesting. And i never saw the E90 zoom coming.
Cant wait to get the new updates on, and finally do some easy 3D building mapping.

Agree about digital zoom but I'm interested to know what if the code improvements and bug fixes include imaging algorithms.

Agreed, guess it's a waiting game since Yuneec seems to be so vague on their firmware releases and what they actually fixed. It's like a Where's Waldo game with them.

Reactions: Bigboybuzz
Has anyone heard the timeline for the H520 update release? I've seen a video of a Yuneec employee at CES and he said the H520-rtk will be available in 6 weeks. That means an update will be required before then, so I guess thats the deadline

Would be in the official update also the manual mode and "gps mode off"? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Would be in the official update also the manual mode and "gps mode off"? I hope so!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!

Manual mode and GPS off has been included on the past 2 firmware updates. You may want to check your menu settings if you haven't updated already.

These were not official updates? isnt it?
Can i find official updates for the manual mode and gps mode?

I am a customer from belgium and in a couple of weeks i will do my exam for pro pilot.
It is necessary to have these modes to complete the examination. I am a little bit hopeless.....

Thanks for help mate!!

Reactions: LinsonW

I am a customer from belgium and in a couple of weeks i will do my exam for pro pilot.
It is necessary to have these modes to complete the examination. I am a little bit hopeless.....

Thanks for help mate!!

They were in the official updates. They are located in the main menu. What firmware version are you on?

Last edited:

Thanks for help mate!!

Kurtdr,

If the update has been downloaded and applied to our ST16s controllers and our H520 aircraft, does that make the updates “official”?

I am confused by your questioning about “official” updates. What would be an “unofficial” update?

Trying to understand your questions.

Jeff

Last edited:
Kurt’s,

If the update has been downloaded and applied to our ST16s controllers and our H520 aircraft, does that make the updates “official”?

I am confused by your questioning about “official” updates. What would be an “unofficial” update?

Trying to understand your questions.

Jeff

He probably is asking if it was a modification to the update and not an actual update from Yuneec.

Thanks for help mate!!

See below image. This is off the latest firmware version build 784

Screenshot_2019-01-09-10-28-43.png

Just a couple of thoughts.
I understand that the "pro" H520 flagship gets the most attention and updates, but that POI/ROI would be such a great addition the get on the plus :)

The digital zoom feature is IMO just a gimmick, can't really see it useful on the plus if it doesn't actually zoom the final image.

Software improvements, hoping and praying that they fixed the CCC and perhaps got curve rates built in, but I doubt it at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval