Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Consumer Electronics Show 2019

I do not know about you, but it's very calm this CES 2019, Yuneec side...
Yea not much is going on here.

Think it's because yuneec put most of their eggs in the H520 and Mantis.

The update haven't been released yet and all we can do is hope and speculate what bugs they have fixed [emoji52] so far the one feature they announced for the plus are for most pilots myself included not really that interesting.

Technology can only go so far until R&D cost too much for projected ROI. Sales have to catch up. No doubt they have a 1" 4K optical zoom lens in the works but in the mean time, they still need sales This is when the smaller companies can "catch-up"
with what the major players are doing. I would not be surprised if a number of smaller companies start bringing out very cheap drones with great features similar to those of the major players, but not quite as refined and the major players this year. Then those smaller companies will find themselves in an over-crowded market and will be weeded out in later months or years. It seems like Parrot felt that this year and had to drop back and find their niche where their most profitable ROI was. It makes me wonder if that was the reason Yuneec dropped the price of the Breeze 4K. In the general consumer market they can probably make a bigger profit in market share/market penetration with that drone. It is a cash cow; R&D and tooling is already paid for. It is pure profit for them at that price/feature point.

Yea not much is going on here.

Think it's because yuneec put most of their eggs in the H520 and Mantis.

The update haven't been released yet and all we can do is hope and speculate what bugs they have fixed [emoji52] so far the one feature they announced for the plus are for most pilots myself included not really that interesting.
hope there is another hidden egg contains all you want

Be nice, but don't recall if CES has been held more central: Chicago, KC, Dallas, Minneapolis, Denver, etc.

What are the other drone tech shows in USA.
Personally, just not interested in Vegas trip.

Looks like some new improvements are coming for our beloved Plus :)

TYPHOON H PLUS UPDATES
> C23 DIGITAL ZOOM
The new digital zoom feature allows the user to digitally Zoom in and out with two finger gesture. Zoom factor is up to 8x, whereas the view on the ST16S is lossless up to 4x.
> GENERAL
Software improvements and bug fixes

News | Actual news from YUNEEC - Yuneec

But they are long, long !!!

"As part of CES, Yuneec is introducing a range of product improvements to meet the needs and desires of its customers." These include software updates for H520, Typhoon Plus H and Mantis Q "

At CES 2018, forced to wait 6 months after presentation of the PLUS to be able to buy it, then 6 more (PLUS) months to have a solid soft. That's it, I found the origin of the word PLUS. :)

The CES 2019 is finished gentlemen! And the Chinese new year is coming ...;)

Announcement effects....

Be nice, but don't recall if CES has been held more central: Chicago, KC, Dallas, Minneapolis, Denver, etc.

SInce CES is so large I do not think there are any other venues in the US that can support it.

CES has been in Chicago in the Summer. They usually take over McCormick Place and the surrounding area.

CES in general has been pretty meh this year. Some years it's wow, then others, not so much. Companies try but the thing is, R&D schedules and release dates don't typically coincide with CES. They release when they release.

Technology can only go so far until R&D cost too much for projected ROI. Sales have to catch up. No doubt they have a 1" 4K optical zoom lens in the works but in the mean time, they still need sales This is when the smaller companies can "catch-up"

Now that was funny. They released that on their 920 and 920 Plus-CGO-4 combinations 4 years ago. Look it up, 4k-30, 1" sensor, 14mm-42mm optical zoom lens as baseline stock equipment for the CGO-4. We won't mention the number of available formats, variable bit rates, and diverse camera settings, including ISO. They don't need to catch up, they just need to decide if they want to spend the money necessary to remain relevant.

Reactions: John Hennessy
with what the major players are doing. I would not be surprised if a number of smaller companies start bringing out very cheap drones with great features similar to those of the major players, but not quite as refined and the major players this year. Then those smaller companies will find themselves in an over-crowded market and will be weeded out in later months or years. It seems like Parrot felt that this year and had to drop back and find their niche where their most profitable ROI was. It makes me wonder if that was the reason Yuneec dropped the price of the Breeze 4K. In the general consumer market they can probably make a bigger profit in market share/market penetration with that drone. It is a cash cow; R&D and tooling is already paid for. It is pure profit for them at that price/feature point.
I hope Parrot recover but, financially, they are in a very dark place; and it's possible/probable that neither Yuneec nor Autel are making much/any profit in the current environment. If DJI ends up with a monopoly, we will all suffer - including DJI customers.

If they were all public companies then, for sure, we would see some mergers in 2019 in order to reduce overheads and find synergistic efficiencies. But whether that logic applies to private Chinese companies, I don't know. Maybe the State bails them out when needed. But a combined Yuneec-Autel conglomerate would make some sense while mounting a more serious challenge to DJI (who have problems of their own and could easily face a class action this year from customers who were overcharged as a consequence of the corruption scandal).

You heard it here first :cool:

Reactions: John Hennessy
How lucky to be able to directly from the site download the new programs for the 520.
Please, do the same for the H PLUS!
OTA should be more convenient for most users and common in relevant industry.

OTA should be more convenient
More convenient ?
How much did you update on the H PLUS? It is only necessary to read on this forum the number of times the operation does not finish well.
To repair, it is necessary to redo the installation in manual by recovering the files. On the H 480, there was no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval