Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Contemplating new drone

Reaction score
I'm fairly new in the drone/quadcopter hobby. I own a DJI phantom 4 and dji phantom 3 advanced. I have had my eye on the yuneec q500 4k for a few weeks now. I seen an ad at bestbuy for the q500 4k bundle for $999 that comes with an extra battery and the aluminum case. Or I can get the $799 bundle without the aluminum case and 1 battery. I have a few questions about the q500 4k

Is it easy to fly compared to the Phantom?

How is customer service?

How is the build quality?

I also want to know how you guys/gals like your yuneec. Thank you

Reaction score
Always had good fast experience with customer service...they even updated the firmware while I waited in the lobby. They went beyond my expectations when I flew it into a bush and messed up the gimble.
Build quality/design is of the highest quality and I get alot of comments on how expensive it looks. (And alot of comments on how quiet it is)
I really like the fact that it has its own screen and no "DIY" looking precariously loose hanging wires and cobbled together phone mount.
It is a larger video platform for cameramen. It is quiet, stable and smooth and easy and quick to get into the air....if you're looking for a POV racing machine this is the complete opposite. ...
If you're looking for a programmable, longer distance, higher resolution screen that will fly twice as fast, check out the typhoon H. I have both and like flying the 4K by the seat of my pants line of sight low and slow, (although I have flown it above the clouds several times also)....the turtle /rabbit control is a nice feature. The included steadygrip is what convinced me to buy my first TYPHOON 4K!

Reaction score
Always had good fast experience with customer service...they even updated the firmware while I waited in the lobby. They went beyond my expectations when I flew it into a bush and messed up the gimble.
Build quality/design is of the highest quality and I get alot of comments on how expensive it looks. (And alot of comments on how quiet it is)
I really like the fact that it has its own screen and no "DIY" looking precariously loose hanging wires and cobbled together phone mount.
It is a larger video platform for cameramen. It is quiet, stable and smooth and easy and quick to get into the air....if you're looking for a POV racing machine this is the complete opposite. ...
If you're looking for a programmable, longer distance, higher resolution screen that will fly twice as fast, check out the typhoon H. I have both and like flying the 4K by the seat of my pants line of sight low and slow, (although I have flown it above the clouds several times also)....the turtle /rabbit control is a nice feature. The included steadygrip is what convinced me to buy my first TYPHOON 4K!
Is the typhoon h a better drone ?

Reaction score
no matter what you buy their are pros and cons . i have a Q 4K but the H in newer and has a lot more technology is it as good as a phantom 4 the only way is to try it or find someone that has both and ask every question's you can think of . on the Q4K it's a great AP quad but slow that i can tell you , i would buy another . if you look on Ebay some seller are selling a new full boat Q4K for $699 or $799 look around at that price that's a good deal .

Reaction score
no matter what you buy their are pros and cons . i have a Q 4K but the H in newer and has a lot more technology is it as good as a phantom 4 the only way is to try it or find someone that has both and ask every question's you can think of . on the Q4K it's a great AP quad but slow that i can tell you , i would buy another . if you look on Ebay some seller are selling a new full boat Q4K for $699 or $799 look around at that price that's a good deal .
Thank you! I think I'm going to get the typhoon h to go with my Phantom 4 :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs. B