Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Corrupt RAW files?

Reaction score
I have flown my H520 on a roof survey using an E50 camera. I shot both RAW & jpeg images. Some of the RAW files show a dis-joint in the image, as this sample, but the jpegs are ok. I have since tested the camera on a bench and found that when taking a series of pictures with the camera moving (panning), I get the dis-joint in the RAW files. With the camera still the files are all ok.
Could this fault be to do with the rolling shutter and a moving drone? The roof survey photos were shot at high shutter speeds (~1,000th) but it was quite windy and the drone was unsteady.
Tests were done on different sd cards, so I know it's not a card issue.YUN_0181E.jpg

It's interesting to note the top part of the image is slightly more magnified than the lower part, and there is an overlap of a few inches where details are duplicated. My guess is that the "capture" halted for some reason, and resumed a few seconds later when the drone was in a slightly different position. Perhaps a memory buffer issue? Sorry, I'm neither a photographer nor a computer expert. This thought comes from just looking at the "mechanical" result of whatever happened.

Also, have you tried shooting in DNG only mode, to see if the issue persists?

It's interesting to note the top part of the image is slightly more magnified than the lower part, and there is an overlap of a few inches where details are duplicated. My guess is that the "capture" halted for some reason, and resumed a few seconds later when the drone was in a slightly different position. Perhaps a memory buffer issue? Sorry, I'm neither a photographer nor a computer expert. This thought comes from just looking at the "mechanical" result of whatever happened.
Thanks for looking. The fact that the simultaneous jpegs are fine suggests a software issue. I'll refer it to Yuneec UK Technical, they may be able to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital