Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash- major malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is really side tracking haha. The thread title should've been "major pilot error resulting in crash give me another H"
Oh dear me...the lemon term was in context of the previous poster's posts...please read the full picture.

Reactions: banned user
This thread is really side tracking haha. The thread title should've been "major pilot error resulting in crash give me another H"

I don't give a flying EFF about getting it replaced or fixed at this point. It needs a $50 arm and from what I can tell the camera is only pulled away from the gimbal dampeners, but appears to be fully operational.

It's dumbass know-nothings about writing code who make statements like yours. Any 1st year programmer would be taught to prevent an event that shouldn't occur if the operator tries to override it. The H would fail a basic software safety inspection.

Smart mode is a complete and utter disaster. I used it once and knew right away it had potential for disaster.

For the record, I very much like the Typhoon H, but if Yuneec doesn't get a handle on creating better instructions and fix some of this odd behavior buried in the code, it will irreparably damage their reputation.

Not one of you have provided one single sentence that states or implies the H must be off the ground when engaging Journey mode. Instead, you have written your own instructions that share no resemblance to the H manual.

I have just one question, do you normally take selfies of your feet?
I don't give a flying EFF about getting it replaced or fixed at this point. It needs a $50 arm and from what I can tell the camera is only pulled away from the gimbal dampeners, but appears to be fully operational.

It's dumbass know-nothings about writing code who make statements like yours. Any 1st year programmer would be taught to prevent an event that shouldn't occur if the operator tries to override it. The H would fail a basic software safety inspection.

Smart mode is a complete and utter disaster. I used it once and knew right away it had potential for disaster.

For the record, I very much like the Typhoon H, but if Yuneec doesn't get a handle on creating better instructions and fix some of this odd behavior buried in the code, it will irreparably damage their reputation.

Not one of you have provided one single sentence that states or implies the H must be off the ground when engaging Journey mode. Instead, you have written your own instructions that share no resemblance to the H manual.

I have just one question, do you normally take selfies of your feet?

That has already been addressed. I was testing the mode not the camera.Nevertheless, if you are 15 ft. away with the camera level to gravity, based on the FOV of the camera, think a 6 ft. person would fit?

Admin, please lock and/or delete this thread.

Thank you.

I apologize glider. But yes lets lock this thread. If there's anything positive to take away from this its we need to really look past what the manual says or doesn't say and look to video tests etc, myself included.

I have the other owner thread on RCG as well. I think the H is an important product because of what it offers however there is some things I'm shocked they have over looked and to be honest not very polished. First is the documentation. The manual since the beginning has been ambiguous and not complete. Yuneec has an American team that should have been able to take the time to make sure that it was complete before release. Second is the camera. Some cameras are very good and others not so much which indicates to me that there is a QC problem. The camera does not put out 100MB as they have on the package and it seems that the lens is either not right or not aligned with the chip properly. These are NOT small issues. The manual can be added to and edited but many have had problems before. The camera however is a huge problem for a camera drone which is what this is.

I'm actually surprised at Yuneec for there lack of communication and the lack of overall polish. This machine really could have stood toe to toe with the other brand but they seem to be stumbling instead.

Dog piling on somebody that has been flying for as long as glider when others have had the same issue does not fix the issues of underlined problem(s) Yuneec needs to hire somebody to put together a well read manual that is clear and complete and perhaps have some instructional videos as well. In the future the features on these are going to become more complex so complete and clear instructions are going to be mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Siyaco