Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crash

Reaction score
First crash in ages, and into a river. I was suprised that the lights stayed on the river water must have been reasonably clean. I let thing dry out for a few days before trying to fly again. It turned on but could not get it to connect to hand set or ipad, and the back blue lights were flashing. I waited a couple more days and it all worked again flew perfectly. but today it’s not connecting and the lights are flashing again, what does the flashing mean? Manual says no binding and i can see inside looks like a red led is on?

I haven’t had a water landing myself. But things that appear dry my not be or corrosion may be settling in on the boards. I would disassemble and clean everything thoroughly.

I haven’t had a water landing myself. But things that appear dry my not be or corrosion may be settling in on the boards. I would disassemble and clean everything thoroughly.
I have thought about doing that but not sure how it comes apart.

Update i contacted Yuneec took them two days to reply, Going back to my old days of working in real electronics. I used to get people coming to me asking if i could fix something they accidentally given a drink. Computer keyboards was a popular one, water is actually that conductive especially on low voltage devices. but does tend to leave other substances that are slightly conductive and also corrosion happens fast due to all the dissimilar metals used in electronic. My cure in them days was IPA, no not beer. But pure alcohol, so soak in once, let it dry for a couple of days soak it again let it dry. Houston we are up and flying again. Yuneec finaly did get hold me with a ticket to get it repaired probably would cost a lot than a $0.99 bottle of IpA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval